Mauricio Mendoza

Discussion in 'Peru' started by Siempreconlamecha, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005
    Alguien en este foro sabe los terminos del trato entre Universitario de Deportes y America de Cali por este jugador?
    Se que es un prestamo de seis meses, pero cuanto vale la opcion de compra?

2. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    No se, pero ojala que se quede para la Sudamericana. Es uno de los mejores de la U.

Ah, y no importa cuando vale su pase porque estoy seguro que la U no podra comprarlo. Si alguien lo llega a comprar seguro que sera Cristal.

3. locotl

locotl Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    florida
    y seguro que no pasara nada si se va al cristal como Czornomas, Alva, que fueron goleadores con la "U" y cuando se fueron no paso nada con ellos.

4. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    czornomas fue parte del equipo que quedo subcampeon de la libertadores as i que tan mal no le fue

alva si fue un desastre no solo en cristal pero tambien an argentina y alianza atletico

5. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Well i'd like to answer your question but I honestly don't know...
    But I do have some questions for you.
    What was his situation at America last year? Was he a starter or a bench warmer? How highly is he regarded at America? Is he a fan favorite or is he a nobody? I've never heard of this player until now , this is why I ask this.

Personaly, I think Mendoza is a great player with lots of skills. Unfortunately, like most players I guess, he's not perfect (or else he would be in Europe). He lacks "team judgement." By that I mean, he's really not a team player... he seems more of an individualist. He doesn't know or doesn't understand the fact that there are other players that he can play with in the field. Also, lets be honest here, he's a very dirty player.... but i'm not complaining. :)

6. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005
    To be completely honest, he wasn't even on the bench; Mendoza spent last year playing for the reserve team, champion of the Colombian reserve league. Not many America fans will recognize the name Mauricio Mendoza, his play was always overshadowed by strikers such as Julian Vasquez, Jairo Castillo, Sergio Herrera and last year Leonardo Moreno. Most of his appearences with the first team came back when Fernando Castro was the manager and Mendoza was of age to be the required youth player on the starting line-up in the Colombian league. This year would have been his time to step up to the task, with all the previously mentioned strikers gone; however the offer from Universitario came in and America is in a delicate financial situation that they pretty much have to accept any offers that come their way. Even if he had stayed I don't know how much playing time would have seen because the manager seems to prefer more of an experienced set of forwards instead of giving the young guys chances (I say this because we have a very good young striker that is showing a lot of promise but doesn't see the pitch very much), most likely Mendoza would have made part of the B squad which is playing the local league games while the A side worries about Libertadores.
    After saying all this, the little that I did see of his play I very much enjoyed because he does possess great technical abilities and displayed a lot of flare up front. Hearing how he is performing, I would love to have him back because his style of play would greatly complement that of the other up and coming america striker (Giovanni Arrechea) who is more of a strong #9.
    However, chances are that if any team offers to buy him, he will definately be leaving permanently.
    I'm not sure how America actully think of him, reading articles on terra.com of when Mendoza was taken to Peru by the club president, he definately praised him; however this is weird because Mendoza never excelled at america.
    From what I remember, Mendoza seemed to be positioned as a left winger at America, what position is he playing at Universitario?

7. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    He's playing as support forward but has managed to score a few goals.

So no-name bench warmer is now an unquestioned starter and one of the best players for the Peruvian league leaders huh? Doesn't surprise me. One of our starters is an Argentine that came from the THIRD division :rolleyes:

8. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005
    El presidente del america Carlos Puente viajaria a Peru a definir la extension del prestamo de Mauricio Mendoza hasta diciembre. Tambien se habla en los medios Colombianos de la llegada al Universitario de Oscar Villarreal, otro del america. No se que estan pensando los dirigentes del america, Villarreal es un buen jugador que a sido titular en la mayoria de partidos de copa, este equipo esta que se acaba.