Matt Steps down

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by Ruud11, May 9, 2013.

1. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    RSVP'd and could not make it last minute... Think a Gotomeeting, where everybody can call in, would have been more effective since we live all over the place.

I hear you , Dills. Will ask around. Thanks for the tip!

Doop and Dills repped this.
  2. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They should stop "Sharing" links and stories. Instead, the Sons of Ben should post something like "2-2, Union tied the Sounders. What did you think about the game? (Brotherly Game Article Link)" You don't get as many view on a page when you just share a link, rather than post a link. Does that make sense?

Ruud11 repped this.
  3. SmashtheVan

SmashtheVan Member+

Jan 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As someone who moved from 140 to 136....I should have stayed in 140. 136 is a shit show

4. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where are you in 136? I'm in F, and down there its pretty tame, imo.

5. etsjay

etsjay Member

Oct 31, 2011
    PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We look to the elders to pull this all together, but fact of the matter is, those of us standing in the seats have the power to do many of the things we want from them. Volunteering and getting involved, as difficult as that is to try to contact and do sometimes, is what they always seem to ask of us.

The passion of the sections needs to be re-injected. Traveling supporters come to our stadium and sometimes drown us out. Why? Because it's a collective group of passionate fans there with a purpose: to stand there as one cohesive unit and cheer loudly together for their team.

I think TRE is suffering a lot from those people who take advantage of being able to get the cheap seats. It's more about beer and chatting it up with friends than watching the game and losing your voice in the process. A lot of people also are timid to sing and yell and raise their arms/scarves/etc. I was one of those people two years ago. Or on the flip side, everyone loves "hey ref, somb", but don't bother with "c'mon the u".

I come away from games these days just frustrated at the lack of participation. We love to hate them, but I envy places like Seattle and PCNJ where the entire ends of their stadiums are a force. Maybe I see it different being in 135 than someone sitting by the capo stands in 137-138. There's some cool people in 136, but for the past two seasons, that's where chants have gone to die. It seems like a good day when two dozen people are trying to participate.

I don't really know the fix. Maybe the layout stinks witht the capos. Maybe we just need more people to be leaders in their sections to "rally the troops". Maybe all we need is a better system. Whatever it is, I'm for it. I want TRE to be a beast. In the meanwhile, I'll continue to show up every match, lose my voice chanting at 136 and my section, and hope more people climb on board.

christie3 and Ruud11 repped this.
  6. OldRetiredCoach

Feb 22, 2003
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where we have discussed CIXers colors and logo options for the last 60 - 90 days. By the way, have the CIXers hired a new coach yet? :)

Dills repped this.
  7. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're referring to my CIXers comment, I wasn't being serious.