Matt Miazga playing for Alaves

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Gorky, Jan 25, 2015.

1. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    can we return to his time @Nantes? How good was he in his good games and how bad was he in in his bad games?

2. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    in fairness to the Europeans, they can't be blamed for the corrupt American politicians not allowing the federal concernment to negotiate drug prices with big Pharma. That's on us, not them. Also, federal support for research in the US led to the biotech industry in the USA, which dwarfs Europes by many fold.

Winoman and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  3. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously not ready top half but he could battle it out for a mid table side or start for a lower end side. He still has room to grow and has shown he’s willing and able to work on his game. His passing is night and day after spending time in Holland. I doubt Chelsea sells him this summer with everything going on money will be tight for smaller clubs. He should def try and go on loan in the EPL or another strong league. If he stays in the championship I’d like to see him with a team competing for promotion. It would be a great experience.

5. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    He only has a valuation of 2 million but if Chelsea were to get an offer of 3 to 4 Id bet he his gone. Chelsea dont need money but they could very well sell off some parts while everyone else is looking for cheap bargains.

But wtf do I know... im just guessing.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  6. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chelsea are probably better positioned than most financially. Between their owner, forced not to be in the transfer market for the last year and money from Hazard sale and Morata coming thru this year they’ll be cash rich. They don’t need to sell him for less than their evaluation unless they just want to get ride of him but with their policy on the loan army seriously I doubt it. They’ll make that just on loaning him out. Only way he moves is if he pushes to move and the teams come up to their price. I’m guessing they at least want a wash on his initial fee. Which I just don’t see getting this summer. He’d also likely have to take a pay cut. It doesn’t make sense for Chelsea or Matt.

7. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Perhaps not, but what about us? Are our strong feelings on the matter not even to be considered?

8. largegarlic

largegarlic Member+

Jul 2, 2007
    That's my take too. I haven't really watched him at club level at all since he's moved to Europe, but just judging from his USMNT appearances, I think he compares favorably to Ream and Long. Ream has played in the EPL (though Fulham get relegated pretty quickly these days), and Long supposedly had some serious offers from EPL teams. So, I don't see why Miazga couldn't get offers from a lower-tier EPL team.

Patrick167 and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  9. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    The only reason I could see is questions about his speed and quickness. I don't watch enough low level EPL to know what the standard is there. It's his big weakness relative to a very athletic league, I think.

That + needing to be bought. It's one thing for a player to play in the EPL because of promotion and being able to hang. But I'm not sure the market is there to BUY a borderline EPL player at the price Chelsea is charging.

10. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol I would imagine their not

11. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea no doubt but I also think he’s open to leaving England. Which would honestly be good for him. I’d say try for Germany or France round two.

largegarlic repped this.
  12. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Rumors are they came to some kind of agreement with Werner now. Of course that doesnt include the price haggling with RBL.

13. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was an escape clause that Chelsea exercised. If they've also reached a deal with Werner, it's a done deal.

largegarlic repped this.
  14. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Matt has all the markings of a Championship lifer.

His moving there permanently depends mostly on his salary with Chelsea and whether someone can match it, at this point. His transfer value is low, and expected to remain so.

15. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    no chance at Serie A or Bundesliga?

16. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I think they want a lesser price.

17. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not Serie A but maybe Germany. At 24 tho the clock is ticking. His next loan move will be huge in determining his future.

18. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope. If we wanted to haggle we’d wait. See below. We don’t want to let anyone else in on the deal. Everyone else is trying to haggle. At 24 and what he’s capable of, COVID or not that’s a steal.
    ——————————————
    The Germany international striker has a €55m (£49.4m) release clause which expires on Monday June 15.

Chelsea have offered a £200,000-a-week contract to Werner.

19. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    He'll be back in MLS once the Chelsea checks stop coming.

20. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    2.Bundesliga maybe, but he's not going to take a 2.BuLi salary after being with Chelski & in the Ch'ship.

21. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    So La Liga is chopped liver now?

Pick a horse, man! I can't keep up.

22. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    How much would MLS offer him? If he's a "Championship lifer" he could easily have got 400k sterling, pre-COVID, and 650k would have been achievable.

It all depends on how soon fans are allowed back into stadia and in what numbers, in the States as well as in Europe, and how important stadium revenues are to a league's business model.

23. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I'm all for Serie A for our defenders, Bundesliga for our Young Guns and Premier League for our stars

freisland and Patrick167 repped this.
  24. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I still find it so shocking some assume Ream can hack it in the Premier League (he spent 1.5 seasons there) or Long having solid interest from WEst Ham yet somehow folks feel Miazga is out of his element there or in other top 5 leagues.

25. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    agreed. long and ream are not even as good as miazga.

24 is young for a center back. got plenty of time.

all he needs is a big showing or two for USMNT and clubs will start lining up....but no guarantee that will happen.

usmnt play is how it happens for us players....gooch went to milan off of it. etc etc....