Matt Miazga playing for Alaves

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Gorky, Jan 25, 2015.

1. That's not an answer to my question.
    This is what you claimed. Access. So given developed in Europe, approved by our EMA. What would make it in any of your scenarios not appear on the US market and make money including for funding new research.

Your funding claim should be accompanied by numbers of the profits of Pharma companies that show they just make a tiny or barely profit and donot pay excessive bonuses to the usual pinstriped kleptocrats and lawyers to get higher payment for medicines than necesary. I dare you to present a study that shows us that Big Pharma is acting ethically by using cost calculation methods for new drugs that include a write off system for research costs during the patent lifetime of that drug with a reasonable profit margin on top of that.
    In all other cases I call your claim ... well .... @bungadiri is reading too ...you know what.
    You just dumped an opinion without any backing for it. Not least after what @Suyuntuy posted about the patents. How many of the US patents were originally research results from Europe anyway as Big US Pharma has a habit of buying up those little companies when they book results with interesting medicine/illness combinations before these have patented their research.

wsmaugham repped this.
  2. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
  3. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    It won't contract. The CEOs will still be able to buy their yachts, but only 45 footers instead of the standard 60 footer.

Right now the amount of money they're getting out of it is insane. It's an unnecessary transfer of money from the American middle class to the wealthy.

wsmaugham repped this.
  4. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    ...company?

Meanwhile:

Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  5. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    And...

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  6. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I think Matt got tired of isolation! In the past 24 hrs there's been a Miazga media deluge...

7. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001

8. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Some bits from one of the articles about the podcast.

"My aim at the start of the season was to come back to Reading and try and help them get promoted and then we'll see what happens but now there is a pause in the league so we don't really know what's going to happen with my future," he said on the official MLS podcast.

"But at the end of the day I'm open to everything. I'm a bit older now, I'm not 21, 22 when I can go out on loan.

p:nth-of-type(6)","type":"performPlaceholder","relativePos":"after"}" data-placeholder-placeholder="" data-response-start="3205" data-type="placeholder" style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: -webkit-standard;">
    "Now I've got my missus with me so as I get older I'm trying to settle down and take the next step and then we'll see what happens.

"I feel like this season was the decider of it all because there are only nine games left and if we could make the play-offs and get promoted that would have been great and I still believe we can do that."

LouisianaViking07/09 and Winoman repped this.
  9. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    True

10. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Signing with Reading? He'd have to bench one of Moore or Morrison permanently, though. Morrison is 32 already, so perhaps next season Matt would have a definite starter position with no risks.

11. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So how long has it been since you got laid?

-Guy who doesn't hear the entire conversation

Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  12. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doooood...not the takeaway I was looking for from that one.

It's kinda like golf though. Focus on the next one.

13. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least I know why you didn't tell them to get a room.
    :p

14. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    @bungadiri has said many times he lives in his mom's basement. That should answer your question.

russ and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  15. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    right now, self love is the safest love. I wonder if hand lotion is running low like toilet paper.

16. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You need the hand lotion to moisten your hands after washing them 50x daily.Cant spare any of that for fun.
    That's why you get those life size waifu pillows.

So I heard.

LouisianaViking07/09 and DHC1 repped this.
  17. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    Miazga was on ETR Radio recently. The virus has disrupted everything, but it sounds like he hoped Reading would be promoted. That when they were, they were going to buy him from Chelsea.

Now, they weren't particularly close to promotion, but Matt seemed to think they could make a run down the stretch.

18. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Only slightly delusional.

19. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yep. Not actually "out beyond the Orion belt" delusional.

Just "taken up permanent residence there".

20. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    I think the "delusion" was based on the fact Reading is 7th in road points and 21st in home points. That in January, they were hoping that the home results would trend back to the mean and they would make a big run. Matt getting hurt might have been the reason it didn't happen.

The Irish Rover repped this.
  21. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Why you all wanna kill the dream?

22. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Because that's what BigSoccer is for? :confused:

LouisianaViking07/09 and freisland repped this.
  23. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    #7148 The Irish Rover, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    Because that's what football does.

It does that because that's what life does. Which has never stopped humans from dreaming anew, the defining feature of being human according to some theorists. An urge which P.J. O'Rourke once summarized as the key to "man's Janus-faced ability to survive, to endure, to find meaning in the meaningless and give a point to the Pointless. The asshat." *

Long may it continue.

* from memory

Winoman and Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  24. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nietzche's is snappier, IMO: "He who has a why to live can bear almost any how,".

Miazga will play in multiple countries, teams, and leagues halfway around the world for a shot at reaching the EPL. Even if it means he'll have to play for a mid-table Championship club and hope to survive a playoff run, he'll do it.

Duane Holmes is in a similar spot with Derby.

Suyuntuy and The Irish Rover repped this.
  25. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    And always remember that in the Championship, they'll be earning the about same money as they'd get as a regular for an average BL1 side. That's why Danny Williams swapped mid-table BL1 rotator for mid-table Championship starter, and there's always the possibility that playing really well in the Championship gets you noticed and that move to the EPL happens.