Matias Fernandez

Discussion in 'Players & Legends' started by fetajr, Jan 11, 2007.

1. fetajr

fetajr New Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Now on Villareal in Spain, he is Europe's the next big thing

do a matias fernandez search in youtube and you'll see what i mean

2. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    He has already played his first couple of games with Villarreal, sadly they lost both, but that has to do more with the teams rebellion against Pellegrini, particulary Riquelme's clashes with the manager. Once this problem is fixed the team should get better.

Matias on the other hand has done pretty good for a 20 year old with 70 games on his back and no holidays. Here's a video from his first match in Spain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xgzPqJuKXI

3. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    He will flop because he is not ready yet. JRR for one and a half season would be perfect for him

4. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    He scored just yesterday for the Chilean team and a great goal at that, passing two defenders and shooting low to the left post. Once Villarreal starts to play well as a team then so will Matias.

For now I'm guessing he will be leaving the pitch after the hour of play, mainly because of the crazy amount of matches he has been playing for the last two years. It's not very common to see 20 year old S.Americans playing 90 minutes in their debut matches, but I guess R.Madrid and Villarreal are so desperate they are ready to burn kids like Matias, Gago and Higuain if necessary.

It won't get any easier for him either cause I'm sure he'll be called for Copa America.

5. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    The Argentinian league is better in my opinion and Gago had more International experience I think, although Matias already played for Chile