PBP: Matchweek 15: Chelsea v. Arsenal

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, Dec 25, 2020.

1. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Should we wait 6 months for the inevitable? OR should we bring in a new bloke now? Frank is a legend. He is a wonderful human. But as a club we need a better manager. Our performances are OFF. The players are there.

2. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    oh yeah, we could be as good as Villa one day:(

3. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's not 'inevitable' though is it? A month ago we were looking pretty good, now we're not, it's been that way for a while now and things WILL go one way or the other I'm sure but it's about time Chelsea Football club put some faith in their managers instead of sacking them every time the team loses. How long was Klopp with Liverpool before he turned them almost invincible?

JimWharton repped this.
  4. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    BUT sacking our managers has worked out quite well for us.

It might not be the story line the media loves. It might be an unpopular narrative. But regular changes in management has worked out quite well for us in the Roman era.

Just saying.

Yes, I love Frank, but wtf. Frank may not have lost the dressing room yet. But this is going nowhere fast.

5. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well if Villa win their game in hand they're SECOND! (guess who they play next) I suggest being 'as good' as Villa is something we can only aspire to right now no!?

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  6. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It has, it hasn't worked out quite so well for Watford though has it? The problem is when you've already gone through most of the world's top managers where do you go next!?

7. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I know. I'm just pissed off.

Allegri is one of the few left. :)

8. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Looking forward to making a nice seared tuna later.

Bought a baguette and pâté from Trader Joe’s.. man.. I forgot how good pâté can be. Was not expecting much from it and unlike our team, it performed well beyond expectations. Toasted the baguette with some Kerrygold butter on top, then spread a generous helping of the pâté on top. Crunchy, buttery, creamy. Whew, what a good time.

EruditeHobo and StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  9. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I understand, Im pretty pissed off too, holding Lampard wholly to account is ignoring the exceptionally poor performances were seeing from supposedly 'world class' players that were seeing right now though, seriously Werner has been beyond 'poor', he isn't even looking like he's worth 100 quid right now (he certainly won't be our first big money attacker that's failed), I am assuming he will find his feet and look half decent at some point? None of the other players are exactly 'shining' right now either! Their performance levels have been disgraceful.

10. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    And anyone comparing us to Klopp’s building of Liverpool.. Klopp’s Dortmund experience versus Lampard’s one season in the second division of English football is beyond comparison. Lampard isn’t Klopp and it certainly doesn’t look like he’s on his way.

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  11. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Duck breasts. Thinking what to make with the rendered duck fat. Obviously roasting the potato is the obvious choice. With the left over duck meat might make a nice ragu. But slices of duck breast with the prune and peppercorn chutney what could be nicer?

12. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We should bring in Poch. Not because I want him, but I'd be interested to see how lobo takes it :D

13. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    No comment really... Too pissed. This team is playing so far below its ability... It ain't even funny.

14. appwrangler

appwrangler Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Dec 18, 2018
    Hopefully that day is Monday.

15. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    That was no fun. Maybe Frank does need to improve with the team, but honestly, why would anyone want the job? Win a game? He better! Lose a game? Sack him. Hope he stays off the Internet. Better for his mental health.

16. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    When players haven’t found comfortable, complementary roles, they look tentative. Managers who can’t figure that out blame it on lack of effort.

Yahtzee repped this.
  17. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That was an expected garbage run. We've looked this way more often than not under Frank....yet that one final puzzle piece is so close.

For that first goal, it was a PK, yeah, and it was soft. But Reece got beat big time. Arsenal were camped in our half so that kind of thing will happen. Big picture - what is Frank doing starting these two guys where were questionable. They offered nothing and were clearly still off.

Second goal was a great strike. Not much one could do, I suppose. Mendy got close. I feel if that went in against Kepa, there would be a meltdown. But let's not ignore what led to the free kick - a terrible challenge on an Arsenal player having his way with our midfield.

Third goal was flukey. But that's what happens when your midfield is a joke.

If Lampard stays, whatever. Expect more of the same wish washy. Pulisic and Giroud saved us last season. Unlikely to happen again. If I wake up to news that Lampard is sacked...I wouldn't give a shit. That was an un-defendable performance by both player and manager.

Yahtzee repped this.
  18. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The good thing is that we can redeem ourselves in less than 48 hours. But Villa will beat us, surely.

19. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    My Madness video match review today is Our House.

Look past the upbeat tune and towards the theme of being in the middle of something. In our case the table, which seems to be our destination unless we change approach asap.

Yahtzee repped this.
  20. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Oh without a doubt for more than one of the players there was a 'lack of effort'! Werner's pass completion was 57%! FIFTY SEVEN! I could do better than that! I don't care who the manager is or where you play that is atrocious! Lampard is FURIOUS with 'some' of the team, rightly so too, I've never seen him publicly' tear' into the team like that before, it's not like he hasn't given them a chance either, I expect a different look to the team on Monday.

21. ComeOnChelsea

ComeOnChelsea Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    People keep talking about the money spent, but the money isn't on the field most of the time or not playing in the position that made them sought after in the first place. How many other premier league teams wouldn't start Werner up front other than Spurs ?

Losing streak, unbeaten run, second bad run have coincided with Ziyech

22. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    People reference Ziyech like he’s Messi. Our house is missing a front door and we’re more concerned with the hot tub not working.

23. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I dont buy this. We look no better recently than we did last season before we spent big.

Fact is the money we have spent is largely underperforming (especially the bundesliga pair lately). That one player can't stay in the pitch doesn't seem that big of a deal and if it is that only makes management look worse.

Our best pick up was silva.

:D

StamfordBridgeLions and Yahtzee repped this.
  24. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We really don't have an identity when playing. More so, a midfield transition to attack.

Lampard blamed the players not sticking to the "plan" and becoming lethargic. To be honest, aside from quality players going out and playing I've yet to ever see a "plan" in the last 2 years. Nor have I heard any player in that time praise a plan after a win.

It's good to give the players freedom to execute a win with minimal instructions but much more is required to become a champion.

25. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's the next morning and Lampard is still the manager. Villa will mop us with their desire.