Matches 12/16

Discussion in 'Battrick' started by John_Harkes_6, Dec 16, 2005.

1. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What is the best way to manage morale in your opinion?

I am 39th on the promotion table, top 32 auto promote. With two matches and teams continuing to lose every week, auto promoting is still a possibility. Especially as the team I play in week 14 is brand new.

2. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Like it says... keep on winning. That may sound silly, but for instance it means that while u wan't to manage your fitness, also be mindful of the fact that the longer u wait until u lose a game - the harder it will be to lose and therefore if you've got 3 games, one of which is a must win coming at the end and you need to win either of the other two you've got a few options.

If you are carrying a winning streak going into that 3 match sequence by normaling and Going For It then rather than depending on your Fitness to win u a match that might normally be hard, u could hope that your streak will put u over the top and Normal that match. Take it Easy for the 2nd match because u can get your fitness back up for the final match but also, having added another match to your streak - u make a TIE win more possible. Seeing as you morale will still be high even if u do lose the 2nd match because u drove it up (higher) while winning the first u come through that sequence as best as possible.

Going into that same stretch of matches with lowish morale then its probably better to to TIE the first game and Normal the 2nd to give yourself the chance to win that game and increase morale for the 3rd game and based on the other team's performance u can evaluate if to GFI or TIE or Normal.

So theres no real way to manage it but just don't concede a match by TIE thinking u've got no shot against a tougher team if u've won a few games and he is in so so form.

3. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    the two teams i play are awesome and I couldn't even beat them if I GFI, hence TIEing and at least having high fitness for the playoffs, even if my morale is lower.

4. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I won 65-62. I am 8 points ahead of 5th place with 2 matches left and I have (what I believe is equivalent to goal difference) 20.79 and he has -1.69... so I think I've clinched top 4 without having to play a qualifier. :D

1. Sparbu Ambassadors 12 12 0 0 48 42.95
    2. Reknes Bat Rangers 12 9 0 3 36 6.69
    3. Norge Vikings 12 8 0 4 32 20.79
    4. Munkki United 12 7 0 5 28 15.31
    5. CC United 12 6 0 6 24 -1.69
    6. Team Kananmuna 12 4 0 8 16 -3.12
    7. Orange Hill CC 12 2 0 10 8 -26.55
    8. Five Islands CC 12 0 0 12 0 -54.38

I play #3 and then #5 to end the season. I think #5 is another BigSoccer user?