Matchday Thread | GROUP C

Discussion in 'Group C: Colombia, Ivory Coast, Japan, Greece' started by JohnnyFutbol, Mar 28, 2014.

?

Who Will Advance.

1. Colombia

86.8%
  2. Greece

15.1%
  3. Cote d'Ivoire

56.6%
  4. Japan

30.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    we have to eliminate uruguay before

elviejomen repped this.
  2. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I hope Suarez plays, I want to see him trying to bite Yepes

dapip and Conifeertje repped this.
  3. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Samaras knew exactly what he was doing and Greece are easily the worst team to progress. This is all on Japan for their simply idiotic play against 10 man Greece in the last game. As for CIV Yaya Toure has been a major disappointment and that was before the news of the death in his family.

dapip repped this.
  4. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    typical. i bad mouth the guy because he actually hasnt accomplish much on international level and he scores 2 goals in the second half. i rather eat crow in these situations. i can only hope he continues this streak.

5. karpouzeiro

karpouzeiro Member

Jun 13, 2014
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Japan lost to CIV,couldnt defeat 10 man Greece,lost 4-1 from Colombia team B.
    Japan is overrastimated.

6. Tukafo

Tukafo Member+

Oct 12, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Now you all know how Greece got out of the group in Euro 2012. They had Only 1 point after two matches, were the worst team, scored no goals and then somehow they won the final match 1-0 and got through. I have no idea how they keep doing this.
    Colombia have been very impressive so far. I doubt Suarez will be playing. Just look at the outrage in all the world's papers, Fifa are under too much pressure and have to act. Especially because he did it twice before.

Matakos repped this.
  7. Wolfie65

Wolfie65 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Albuquerque, NM
    Weird match. Completely unjustified penalty, Japan outplayed Colombia most of the time, except there was always that last guy missing to put the ball in. Crowd + climate 1,000% in favor of Colombia, as expected, result totally out of whack with what actually happened on the field.

8. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think they will ban Suarez, mostly because Brazil don't want an eventual meet with the Uruguayans so they will try everything to help us

Pipiolo repped this.
  9. Tukafo

Tukafo Member+

Oct 12, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    It was a justified penalty. Every pundit and journalist agrees with that

10. GreekAttackSux

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Haters gonna hate. Samaras took a false penalty after looking that no referee was there ( however we are gonna need ALL angles 10 seconds before Samaras' dive to secure the statement that it was a Neymar dive).Saying we didnt deserve it when having hit the post 3 times and having same attempts on target with Cote D'Ivoire (for the French) while Ivory Coast was a total mess and their defense got broken twice by our left back is not acceptable.We deserved to win.And its not the first mistake on this World Cup.But I see none of you hating on Brazil,Nigeria for progressing (or possible progressing) after referee mistakes. You just keep hating us, and somehow we just keep advancing against all odds.This post gonna be abandoned soon so VAMOS GRECIA!VAMOS HELLAS!

lfsr1544, pepinointer and guri repped this.
  11. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Japan wasn't overrated by people overall saying I think; the problem was that the really played badly. Zaccheroni IMO was more a problem than a coach. I can't understand why playing Okazaki at right most of time (and he was at center, bingo, Japan scored), sometimes Japan lacked possibilities when attacking (missing tactical positioning, which is crucial for Japan style) and Kagawa was horrible at 2+1/2 matches.
    I can't say they are a lost generation since Japan show they can start to develop more and more high level players since they past the "football boom" now...when I was living there you could see more children playing "sakka" than "yakyuu". They and US will probably appear more and more at higher stages.

12. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    And yes, congrats to Greece. I'm happy because Greeks are fanatics and this is something they never felt, even winning Euro before.

13. karpouzeiro

karpouzeiro Member

Jun 13, 2014
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    it was penalty
    https://vine.co/v/MtnO7MAx0OQ
    just look at the beggining greek striker went for shot and ivorian knee touch his feet.

14. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i would say japan had more chances to score or more dangerous plays, but to say they outplayed Colombia is not true.

no team gets outplayed and wins 4-1.

lfsr1544 repped this.
  15. GreekAttackSux

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    You said it best brother.Although our teeth aint that sharp.

Matakos repped this.
  16. GreekAttackSux

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Greece hasnt took a penalty in 2 years.Greece also has never scored a could-be-or-could-be-not offside goal as far as I am aware.

17. Tukafo

Tukafo Member+

Oct 12, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I heard a bit of backlash about Colombia's goalkeeper swap near the end. Apparently many see it as a sign of disrespect to the opposition to bring the third goalkeeper on five minutes from the end

Matakos repped this.
  18. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    They don't have to worry over him. They are not going to get their tickets to quarters to face them.

When that happens, as their match is played first, they will not care if Suarez starts eating every colombian player afterwards.
    :p

19. Tukafo

Tukafo Member+

Oct 12, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    If Chile beat Brazil will this be the greatest day in the history of Chile football? :) just imagine.

20. lumylu

lumylu New Member

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    if you watch european football you should know that Greece is very strong.They are 12th in FIFA ranking and they deserve it.They make other teams seem weak.All predictors are down now.

Matakos repped this.
  21. nick p

nick p Member+

Jul 11, 2009
    Baltimore Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent performance played by Columbia

22. Tukafo

Tukafo Member+

Oct 12, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well, in fairness Greece have usually not performed well in World Cups and even in Euro 2008 they were disastrous despite being defending champions. In Euro 2012 they were awful in the first two matches and still progressed.

23. lumylu

lumylu New Member

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

24. bylbyl

bylbyl Member

May 13, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    controversy? that was a 100% clear penalty everyday

25. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The ref was totally pro-european today in his calls every 50-50 call went to Greece that was not a penalty and Drogba shouldn't have gotten a yellow. The Ecuadorian ref seemed to be anti-african had nothing but disdain for CIV and favoritism to the Europeans.