Matchday 7 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by olafgb, Sep 27, 2003.

1. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Köln vs Bremen 1:4
    0:1 Micoud (10 Ernst)
    0:2 Klasnic (40 Ernst)
    0:3 Stalteri (70 Micoud)
    1:3 Scherz (78 Cullmann)
    1:4 Charisteas (90 Ernst)

Great performance by Bremen against a very weak Cologne. Micoud scored his first BL goal per head, Ernst assisted three goals. Cologne was lucky to not lose much higher – and this not only as Werder had a pk refused after Stalteri was fouled. Cologne Coach Funkel is under heavy criticism, but GM Rettig excluded to fire him in the next days.

Mönchengladbach vs Bochum 2:2
    1:0 van Lent (5 pk Sverkos)
    1:1 Diabang (60 Oliseh)
    1:2 Madsen (89 Oliseh)
    2:2 van Lent (90 Ketelaer)

Gladbach was superior in Holger Fach’s coaching debut in the first half, but they could only convert a questionable pk after a Sverkos solo run over half of the pitch (not sure if it was a foul and not sure if it was inside the box). Bochum scored twice with headers after free kicks, but Gladbach had an answer in stoppage time.

Dortmund vs Freiburg 1:0
    1:0 Ewerthon (73 Wörns)

Dortmund was superior in the first half against a defensive Freiburg. After the break Freiburg woke up and had some chances until Ewerthon suddenly scored out of the blue at that time. Afterwards Freiburg had no answer and Dortmund carried home a narrow win.

Kaiserslautern vs Hannover 1:0
    1:0 Klose (90 Hristov)

Hannover had the better start, but Kaiserslautern fought themselves back into the game – especially in the second half they had the game under control. In stoppage time Lautern won the game with a Klose goal in clear offside position – the assistant Hristov must have been sent off after a ruthless foul two minutes earlier.

Wolfsburg vs Leverkusen 0:1
    0:1 Schneider (57 Neuville)

Wolfsburg was better in the first half, but Butt kept Bayer in the game with several good saves. The picture changed entirely in the second half and this time it was Jentzsch, who kept Wolfsburg close. The game had tons of chances, but also two great goalies. Leverkusen’s first win ever in Wolfsburg.

1860 vs Stuttgart 0:3
    0:1 Soldo (12 Lahm)
    0:2 Meira (18 pk Szabics)
    0:3 Hleb (50 ?)

Great game by Stuttgart, this time also in the offence. Hildebrandt now is 735 minutes without allowing goal – 69 minutes in the home game against Cologne are missing to trump Kahn’s all time record; 19 year old Philip Lahm collected his first BL scorer point.

Rostock vs Bayern 1:2
    0:1 Santa Cruz (29 Lizarazu)
    1:1 Linke (48 own goal)
    1:2 Makaay (66 Ballack)

Pretty weak game in the first half. Bayern used a major defence mistake by Hill to score the lead. The own goal after the break shocked Bayern and allowed Rostock several chances – one of them probably crossed the line, but the ref did not count it. On the other side Santa Cruz just hit the post, but later it was Makaay, who cared for a lucky Bayern win.

2. JeffS

JeffS New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cameron Park, CA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just watched the Stuttgart / 1860 game. I have to say that Stuttgart are an excellent team (pretty obvious). Their defensive organization and activeness are very impressive. Hildebrandt looks very confident and solid in goal. On attack Gleb is awesome, and Kuranyi is great as well. Magath is doing an awesome job with this young team. ManU will have a very hard time against this very talented, very disciplined team on Wednesday.

Leverkusen are defenitely back. They have learned to play good, solid defense under Augenthaler. And they have plenty of offensive talents, with Schnieder, Basturk, Bierofka, Nueville, and Franca (finally adjusting to Bundesliga).

Bremen is awesome. Micoud looks like Zidane's successor for France's play maker role. And their mixture of international stars, plus solid Frank Baumann, as well as Ernst, make them a very tough team.

Dortmund can only hope to hold on, to squeeze through, with all the injuries they've had. It reamains to be seen how they respond to the pay cuts. Morale has to be horrible with these guys. But if they hang around near the top in the BL, hang around in the Uefa cup, until the mid season break when a lot of the injured players come back, then they might be a force to be reckoned with again.

Mighty (and arrogant) Bayern have their work cut out for them this year. Bayern have been very unimpressive so far. Yes, some of their outstanding talents like Pizarro, Ballack, and Makaay have been great. But their defense is bad, and Kahn is not himself. This, in spite of Hitzfeld's highly defensive tactics. Who knows, maybe Demichelis will make a difference, or they'll get better when Jeremies is back.

A great week for the BL, and the season is shaping up to be great as well. :)

3. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    how did Demichelis do in his debut?

4. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't get to see the 2nd half ot the Stuttgart show, but wow! Very impressive team and I hope they have the game on replay during the week for me.

Glad to see Bl.04 get the magic 3 points, this gives them 4 points at Municha and Wolfsburg - when they normally get 0. Nada, Zilch, Zero.

5. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    1860 - Stuttgart

I was most impressed with Philipp Lahm the ex Bayern Amateur. Never got the chance to see this guy perform at the Bayern Reserves but if he continues playing and working hard I forsee great things for him

Timo Hildebrandt looks like a class GK already!

6. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    as far as i remember lahm is loaned out from bayern for 2 years and in july 2005 he's back in their squad.

can someone confirm this?

jonam, http://www.schwatzgelb.com

7. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    I think you're right. He's definitely on loan for 100 K and if I'm not totally mistaken, the loan is for two years.

8. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    yep, just found this:

VfB Stuttgart leiht Philipp Lahm für zwei Jahre vom FC Bayern aus

Fußball-Bundesligist VfB Stuttgart leiht
    Junioren-Nationalspieler Philipp Lahm für zwei Jahre vom deutschen
    Meister FC Bayern München aus. Wie der Vize-Meister am Freitag
    mitteilte, unterschrieb der 19 Jahre alte Verteidiger, der bislang
    bei den Bayern-Amateuren in der Regionalliga Süd spielte, einen
    Vertrag bis 30. Juni 2005.

jonam, http://www.schwatzgelb.com

9. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Sunday’s Games:

Hertha vs Hamburg 1:1
    1:0 Friedrich (32 Zecke)
    1:1 Ujfalusi (90 Schlicke)

Schalke vs Frankfurt 1:1
    1:0 Rodriguez (33 Altintop)
    1:1 Chris (37 Kreuz)

Team of the Day: Butt – Konde, Lucio (4), Wörns (2), Lahm – Soldo (2), Ernst (3), Micoud (3), Hleb – Klasnic, van Lent

Player of the Day: Arie van Lent

Top Striker: 1 Max 7, 2 Ailton and Klimowicz 5
    Top Scorer: 1 Max 8, 2 Micoud, Ailton and Petrov 7
    Top Goalies: 1 Wessels, 2 Hildebrand, 3 Wiese
    Top Players: 1 Juan, 2 Ze Roberto, 3 Pizarro