Matchday 4 | Monday, April 1 | @Tacoma Defiance

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by fortunesfool223, Mar 28, 2019.

1. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time: 7:00 p.m. PDT (NOTE - SRFC originally posted this as 4:00 p.m. on their website print-calendar)

Media: ESPN+ only

2019 Record:
    SRFC vs Tacoma Records3.png

Preview:

Tacoma started their season with a home win (1-0) against Rio Grande Valley. They then followed up with a home loss (0-3) to Los Dos, and a road loss (0-4) to Tulsa last weekend. In its last two games, Tacoma has not scored a goal and given up seven.

For Sacramento, Forward Cam Iwasa was named the USL Championship Player of the Week after earning a hat trick within 11 minutes last weekend. Sacramento has outscored opponents 5-1 in its last two games.

Guys, I have a busy weekend, so I thought I would start this one early. I will try to post the official SRFC Matchday stats and watch-party info (if I get a chance) before game time.

Robdog repped this.
  2. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UPDATE:

SRFC Matchday preview doesn't list an official watch party for this game, but TBB announced their watch party at Costanza's in midtown at 7:00.

I didn't realize our record against S2/Tacoma is 10-1-1. Hope we can push all 1's across that stat after tonight!

3. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMHO, Aleman, Villareal, and Hord should not be on the field together at the same time.

4. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That goal for Tacoma was entirely too easy. It was like Sacramento decided to be spectators for a moment.

5. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aside from Skundrich missing an open goal mouth from about 3 yds out to tie the game, it's hard to be upset about this loss. Sure, had he made that, it's 1-1 but we don't know how the remaining 20 minutes or so would play out.

I think all Defiance starters were from the Sounders senior roster but one or two. Will Bruin and Roman Torres playing USL? Nice luxury. Anyway, good fight from the team.

Interesting lineup choice tonight. I suppose Simon is still trying to figure out combinations.

6. SierraSpartan

SierraSpartan Member+

Jan 25, 2007
    Placer County, CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    Serious bitch move by Flounders management to import a team from Shittle like that.

Our guys didn't have it tonight. (shrug) It happens.

Defiance had better bring that same team when they come down to the Murph, because if they bring the kids who were playing the first couple of matches, they're gonna get pasted.

7. SierraSpartan

SierraSpartan Member+

Jan 25, 2007
    Placer County, CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    I guess we didn't lose after all...

[​IMG]

April Fool?

Robdog repped this.
  8. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not too upset by the roster moves. Part of playing against "2" teams, and entirely legal under the rules. And besides, I don't expect anything but douchery from Seattle teams anyway.

Skundrich missing the goal hurt, sure, but the previous 65 minutes of Hord and Aleman creating nothing hurt more. We literally did nothing that second half until the subs hit the grass.

9. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, I meant to ask. Why on earth did we have Jeremy Hall taking PK's last year and not Cam?

fortunesfool223 repped this.
  10. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My final update of this one. Here is the USL Championship highlights of the match. I about barfed when they made Will Bruin the man of the match.