Matchday 4: BVB vs HSV ... We goona storm the north .. or what?

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by HeyaBVB, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sorin who has to get used to his new surroundings. Ljuboja who doesn't scare anyone.

About the only player you guys have who even worries me a little bit is Sanogo.

Once again, that must be some good crack you've got there......

2. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Am I the only one who f#cking hates these international and cup breaks?? :mad:

3. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    nope, you're not alone:)

4. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The match is now only days away and HSV have so many new players. Plus, our guys SHOULD be keen to make up for what BvM called a "shameful" performance in Thannhausen.

Three points for us on Saturday? I don't know.

I have so many doubts about this team....

5. HypoLuxa

HypoLuxa New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Austin, TX
    there's nothing to be definite about this team except for the play of Weidenfeller and Dede. Those are the two guys who will put in a solid performance every game. The back two used to instill confidence, but now I just don't know. Dortmund are definitely keeping it interesting and with the commitment to youth and the new signings, growing pains are inevitable. Good for the club but bad for the fans and our physical condition.

I am disappointed FoxSoccer Channel dropped the Bundesliga so now I'll have to pay for another channel to catch the German games.

6. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You obviously haven't seen Tinga yet. I think we got a real STEAL there. This guy already looks like he could be the best holding midfielder in the league. AND he helps offensively.

I'm assuming you mean Woerns and Metzelder or in this case, Woerns and Brzenska.

The problem with that right now is that Woerns can't continue to do his job and cover Brzenska's ass when Brzenska f#cks up, which is getting to be CONSTANTLY!

We'll be better when we get another defender back there who the Captain doesn't have to worry about covering all the freakin' time.

Our current problems have nothing to do with the age of the players. Our current problems have to do with the same old lackadasical team attitude that's plagued Borussia Dortmund since Ottmar Hitzfeld quit.

This group needs an attitude adjustment and BvM can't quite figure out how to get that done. He may not be able to get it done. You can't change a person's nature. I think this team needs an "Effenberg-type" asshole on the pitch to push the others. Sort of like how Sammer pushed the team during his playing days. I hoped Kehl would grow into that player, but he doesn't seem to have the attitude. Neither does Dede. I knew all along that Metzelder doesn't have it and my next hope is Kringe.

I think Tinga might have it, but he doesn't speak German, so that doesn't help. So far, Tinga has been leading by example. Valdez would also be a good candidate.

I just think we need that "vocal asshole" on the pitch. And right now, I can't see anyone on our team who might step into that role.

GolTV seems to be the one........ :)

7. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone see HSV last night? Did anyone see anything to fear?

Besides Sanogo (Who I believe has scored in ALL of their matches this season) and not letting Trochowski run free, I didn't see anything that worries me too much.

What I worry about the most is if our guys will finally f#cking PERFORM!

If they do, I think we'll handle HSV. Not easily, but I think we can beat them.

8. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I bet that my favourite player Trochowski scores against us. It has been the case last season too. :(

On the other hand, I think we have a good chance. They're still searching for their form and are missing Van der Vaart, Atouba and Co.

Tinga is awesome :D

9. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No wonder you were over there on the HSV thread showing them sympathy for last night.......

Yes, but we have a defense who's good for giving up three to five 100% goal chances every match. Can Weidenfeller stop Sanogo, Trochowski and co. every time?

Can our guys finally find the attitude to play to their freakin' potenial?

Yep. So far, so good....

10. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I support every German team in European competitions since it's good for the Bundesliga itself. Damn, I remember the times when we still had 4 CL places. :eek:

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

In my opinion, you can thank three people for the fact that Germany no longer has those places.

1) Uli Hoeness: Destroyed Bayer Leverkusen by buying up all their good players.

2) Gerd Niebaum: Destroyed BVB.

3) Rudi Assauer: Gotta blame Scheisse somehow!! :D

12. KUBI_nu11

KUBI_nu11 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Mies, SWITZERLAND!
    This should be a great game I can npt wait for tomorrow :)

HSV is not in their greatest shape and neither are we but I am confident in Frei and Valdez they will make us win. Afterall, all we need is to score 1 more goal than HSV:D

I hope Frei finally shows what he is capable off. He can NOT stop scoring for Swizterland so lets hope he does the same for BVB! (Swiss NT 51 games 30 goals :eek: )

13. BigLamont

BigLamont New Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Worns scores!!!

1-0

2 mins left

14. HeyaBVB

HeyaBVB New Member

May 4, 2005
    Kiel, Germany
    Not Wörns ... RePlay showed no one hit the ball ... it was DEDE

WE WON!!!!!!

15. BigLamont

BigLamont New Member

Jul 21, 2006
    :) Bayern and Bremen lose, a good day for BVB :)

16. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Any idea why that happened??:confused: When I finally moved back to the US from S America (Fox Sport Americas dropped bundesliga a few years back in S America) It was one of those things I was really, really looking forward to, like Sam Adams and New York style pizza...:D I'm here and now the've managed to f#ck me again!!!:mad:

17. HeyaBVB

HeyaBVB New Member

May 4, 2005
    Kiel, Germany
    We are 4th by now

The goal was Wörns .... two replays showed NO CONTACT by Wörns ... the 3rd Clearly showed he was it

18. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

19. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I understand your passion but you need to relax ;) (take this with a grain of salt). We won, which is what matters most.

Metro

20. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

:D

We won, 'nuff said :D

21. KUBI_nu11

KUBI_nu11 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Mies, SWITZERLAND!
    Dam I missed the game, I wasnt able to watch it :(

SO we won thats what matter :) Could someone tell me how Frei and Degen played?

22. HeyaBVB

HeyaBVB New Member

May 4, 2005
    Kiel, Germany
    ????

i am relaxed?

23. HeyaBVB

HeyaBVB New Member

May 4, 2005
    Kiel, Germany
    ATM the world is perfect :) We won and we are in front of Schlacke :)

24. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Degen was pretty good, but more offensively than defensively. I guess BvM is going to let Degen try to make up some of the slack caused by Odonkor's departure.

From what I saw on Saturday, I don't think he can do that. Not in the Bundesliga anyhow.

I wasn't impressed at all with Frei on Saturday. Very average performance at best.

25. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Your standards for "ATM the world is perfect" sure are lower than mine. For me to say that, we'd have to be in first place. The world can't be perfect for me when the likes of Hertha and FCN are in front of us.

And we're only ahead of Scheisse by one goal. Hardly reason for celebration.