PBP: Matchday 4: ATL vs FCC

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by GunnerJacket, Jul 15, 2020.

1. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So I haven't checked the tables or seen if anyone has already laid this out but after last night's Crew win we know Atlanta can't finish any higher than third, and will only accomplish that via tiebreaker. To do that we need someone to win the RB/FCC match; If those teams draw then Atlanta is out even if it beats Columbus.

So an Atlanta win coupled with a Cincy loss is the best hope. Will check other tables and projections later today.

2. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Season isn't over, in fact it has barely begun (assuming the season continues after this tournament, but I am starting to have my doubts). Jurgen Damm arrives in August, hopefully he brings a much needed spark. He was after all the fastest player in Liga MX. All we have to do is reach the playoffs, then anything is possible.

3. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel like I have no idea what the plan is for MLS in 2020.

4. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I think the whole thing gets canned as the country can't seem to get the virus under control. It is one thing to play a tournament in 'the bubble' and another to have teams crisscrossing the country to play matches.

Wear your mask people, and wash your hands!

GunnerJacket repped this.
  5. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You're not alone.

The big X factor is the status of different states. If some are open and others aren't then that limits MLS' options. (That's why all the leagues have gone to bubble sites.) Everyone was hoping that by the time this tourney was done they'd see a light at the end of the Covid tunnel and could put in place a plan for the next step.

Eleven Bravo repped this.