Matchday 4 | 2012 March 31: VWFC at Philadelphia

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by whiteisthecolour, Mar 31, 2012.

1. whiteisthecolour

whiteisthecolour Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Miyazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Oofa. The return of LeToux. I'll call this 1-1 draw. They score first, we bag an equalizer.

2. whiteisthecolour

Staff Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Miyazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The first half has reminded me a lot of the DC game: we look much (much!) stronger in possession, and can snuff out attacks from the opposition, but we don't look that dangerous coming into the final third (and we barely even make it into the final third!)

Having said that, down Camilo and Hassli, and being on the road, this seems like a good approach for the game. Amazing what a difference my perception of our tactics is like when we are on the road, since I feel like I'm watching last weeks game.

And Atiba has looked very good on the field today! Composed, strong on the ball, always seems to be in good positions to receive it, and drawing a fair number of fouls.

3. RicoAzzurro

RicoAzzurro Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thought the midfield looked really dodgy today, a lot of slack passing out there. I really hope Koffie does not get hurt too often, because there is no way that Thorrington should ever start ahead of him. Another thing learned today is, do not let Harvey take any more free kicks, wasted.

With three tough games games ahead (SJ, KC, DAL), the midfield and especially the forwards really need to start gelling.

4. whiteisthecolour

Staff Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Miyazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I think Watson and Thorrington on the field at the same time will always be a mediocre midfield. Watson is solid on D, but so are Koffie and Davidson, both of whom I'd rather have. I'm glad we have Thorrington for backup, but when he starts, I just assume we are headed for a draw.

On positive notes, I though Lee, DeMerit, and Davidson were solid, Harvey looked good in the attack, and I Love Atiba.