PBP: Matchday 33 99.999% eliminated Crew vs Already clinched playoffs lol Poop FC Sunday 9/29/19 5:00 PM

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Big J 0526, Sep 24, 2019.

?

What will the result be?

Poll closed Sep 29, 2019.
  1. Win by 2 or more aka Coachbot9000 masterclass

12.2%
  2. Win by 1

19.5%
  3. Canadian Win (nee tie)

19.5%
  4. Lose by 1

19.5%
  5. Lose by 2 or more aka Caleb Porter disasterclass

17.1%
  6. Going Dutch - Room makes 2+ Saves after 90th minute to secure a Crew Win! - worth 2 points

7.3%
  7. And here I thought I was a weeb. @BigJ0526 is the biggest weeb in all of Crew fandom - @chr1st

4.9%
  1. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a Joey named Zoopa or something and a South African Penguin whose name escapes me at the moment. I also saw a diminutive, plushy giraffe, but I'm told it was fake.

2. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A bit of an overreaction.

Porter spanked Curtin this time around. Enjoy it.

stanger and DGA57v2 repped this.
  3. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aren’t you just precious?

Don’t worry about me. I was having all kinds of fun yesterday. It was laundry day. I particularly enjoyed separating the whites from the colors, right?

4. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    My father has been a Union season ticket holder since day one.

Trust me, despite the expert prognosis of some medical professionals here I enjoyed this meaningless win well more than should be expected.

CrewSchmack repped this.
  5. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is very good to hear.

CrewSchmack repped this.
  6. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wil was in on it: he had the ring.

Tobias C and TRUJDUB repped this.
  7. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moi, aussi. Works like a charm.

TRUJDUB repped this.
  8. Coupe

Coupe Member+

Mar 3, 2007
    I voted -win by two. You're welcome!

TRUJDUB repped this.
  9. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I only voted to win by one, stands in corner smh

10. DGA57v2

DGA57v2 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Apr 1, 2019
    I knew and I saw Shanee' there with the kangaroo and the penguin.

Bill Archer repped this.
  11. DGA57v2

DGA57v2 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Apr 1, 2019
    Blah, blah, blah.... Go follow Roma.

hangthadj and TRUJDUB repped this.
  12. DGA57v2

DGA57v2 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Apr 1, 2019
    I voted lose by 2. You're all welcome.

TyphonInc repped this.
  13. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad she got her picture! It only cost you one of my beers [emoji23]

kgilbert78 repped this.
  14. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Yes, but people learn time wasting skills in high school. That he has to remind professionals of them is the embarrassment.

DGA57v2 repped this.
  15. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Why was the ramp from 71 south to Hudson street closed before the match? It took a half hour to get from Hudson to 17th and the cops there didn't seem to know what was going on.

16. DGA57v2

DGA57v2 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Apr 1, 2019
    I misunderstood. Maybe when you lose the lead late too many times it might have to be reminded. I know that Trapp tried to dribble out of trouble against Chicago instead of booting the ball away which directly led to the tying goal in that match. Porter indicated after the Vancouver match that they had the opportunity to do the same and didn't which cost them the Montero goal.

17. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or the US vs Portugal a few years back....

TKyle repped this.
  18. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She caught a t-shirt too...

But a crazy weekend as we flew to Maryland on Friday for the football game and back on Saturday evening. Better than driving though.

stanger repped this.
  19. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Accident I heard I but can't confirm. I almost always get off at Broadway or Weber and take back streets on the East side of 71(usually Hiawatha) down and across Hudson and come in to B-lot parking from Velma. I can almost always get from Polaris to parking lot in about 15-20 minutes. And to rub it in, I go home same way and am back in my driveway before many get out of parking lot. I'm honestly going to miss this scenario with downtown stadium.

POdinCowtown repped this.
  20. BigStern

BigStern Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 2, 2018
    Columbus by way of Lima
    Sorry I missed the Match 32 G/B/U. I had it typed out but Vancouver came in at the 93rd minute and hit delete just before I was going to hit post. Here is your West Ham Sandwich Good/Bad/Ugly Presented by BigStern for Match 33:

Good: 2 run of play goals make games fun. I thought Mohktar could have probably done better distributing the ball on his but he put it in the net so fair play to him. Santos did very well getting over the ball on his goal after sending in one of the highest shots I've ever seen just a little bit earlier. Maloney was all over the field in a great way. Mensah was good in the back. Trapp's hop and intentional nutmegging of himself on Santos goal made me laugh. Keita's athleticism is very exciting. Afful did his job not letting anything behind him and providing some attack. Diaz is fast! I'm excited for an entire season of our attack going through that.

Bad: Not entirely sure why we are trotting out Josh Williams out as a starter in 2019, especially this late in a lost season. Led to a wasted sub opportunity that luckily didn't affect anything but it was frustrating seeing a CB for CB substitution when the Crew were chasing a goal. No idea what our midfield was up to in the initial formation. At first, we attacked through the left a little too much for my liking which led to no dangerous shots. Crosses remain with no aim or target.

Ugly: No ugly this week despite Guzman starting. Hiyooooo.

Table Finish Prediction based on Match 33 Performance: 10th. I knew if I made my stance (an 11th place finish) known for long enough that I would eventually be proven wrong. Crew now have the opportunity to finish anywhere between 8th and 11th. They are currently in 10th with Chicago (8th), Montreal (9th) and Orlando City (11th) as their challengers for these glorious spots in the ladder. Chicago and Orlando City play each other in Orlando and I'm thinking Draw there. Montreal hosts NYRB who are fighting for playoff positioning so I'm thinking NYRB takes that one. That leaves Crew in Toronto. If my other prognostications come true, a W would put them at 8th. A draw 9th while a loss leaves them at 10th. Toronto has something to play for, homefield advantage and I'd be surprised if Crew can retain the intensity that they showed this week. I won't hold it against them if they drop this one. So I'm predicting 10th and giving the 2019 Crew one last chance to prove me wrong. Bring home the Trillium Cup and make the reds play on the road in the playoffs, boys!

hangthadj repped this.
  21. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #96 Bill Archer, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    Gosh, you lucky duck.

All I did yesterday was pick up my oldest son when he flew in from Denver, go pig out on bbq, hit the stadium, track down Dante to sign a vintage jersey for my other son's Christmas, watch the first half getting rained on in the Upper 90, pound down Land Grant Massive under the stands during the rain delay, dry out in the sun from the 8th row of 107 while watching the Crew trash Philly, then hang out at World of Beers sampling Porters and stouts that were so thick you could chew them - he hates IPA's - and then find a late night pizza joint before collapsing in a free suite at the Marriott

So boy, do I envy you.

DGA57v2 and LaMacchia repped this.
  22. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I was working a few extra hours.

You win that one in a walk.

23. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Connor and I stuck it out to the bitter end. We both looked like wet rats by the time we were heading home.

24. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
  25. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew