Matchday 3: USA vs Mexico; 10:30pm ET 3/26

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by AutoPenalti, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really but it did get us a result tonight so I'm okay for now.

2. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Espn deportes have borgetti now as a commentator. He gives props to the midfielders Dempsey, Bradley and Edu.

CTS26, magic journey and ImaPuppy repped this.
  3. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Espn deportes now giving credit to usa's fullbacks and they say guardado could get nowhere against Cameron.

4. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    You said it so I dont have to.

MLSinCleveland repped this.
  6. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I must have misread what you wrote - for a second I thought you were implying Strauss' article and the fan reaction was responsible for today's point :rolleyes:

7. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Espn deportes criticizing usa forwards

Playing jozy was like playing with 10, they say, dempsey was playing too far back to be effective and the usa lacks Donovan.

Mexicans love Donovan. I like that about them.

Hachiko repped this.
  8. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We will...until we get ready for Jamaican Me Crayzay.

9. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about longer than the game for ********'s sake. This is ridiculous! o_O

10. magic journey

magic journey Member+

Feb 20, 2010
    +

Beside, Dempsey did not help at all to the bradley edu area.
    I respect theyr effort(edu,bradley) and hard work in full 90 minutes, to help support cover eac other and run fuely to defens back line to support cb and lb aspecialy...

I liked midfield combo's full game performance effort,in a tactical wise ,calm,ball share,moves,runs,pressure,physical air match ups,side and indirect pass etc.
    of course some minus scene they did,but they stand and battle till the final whistle...

the team most of part battle well.

ps:

Matt Besler is most shined player in today game.

for upcoming periods, it was a an importand critical away point. momentum wise, morale and confidence,this point in this field were fully needed.... team play get the point i think.

ImaPuppy repped this.
  11. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Matt Besler to Bursaspor! :D

magic journey repped this.
  12. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Besler just signed a new three year deal, it might be a couple of years before we see him anywhere outside of the MLS.

13. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Berks, raza_rebel and Hachiko repped this.
  14. magic journey

magic journey Member+

Feb 20, 2010
    I can agree with him,only with two name; bradley,edu.

dempsey didint help these two at all. the gap between edu-bradley vs mexican midfielders and cb's were waay open empty aspecialy in the first half and the second half final 20 minutes.

both bradley and edu helped our center backs and wing back till the final whistle... these extra efforts unity echo to our center pair's shines perform too.

if evin few second bradley or edu sit back ,not help and watch the game as a wiever way, i bet aspecialy dos santos find more empty space to hurt our left back and center backs area.....

to me, over all; from golie ,the full defens(left back second half) players and edu bradley combo did theyr good part to stand together till final whistle, but,other part of midfield and forward players did not support at all to midfield or defens ,when it was emergency neccassary.....

they did of course there is minus and miss pass, loose ball, but, when pressure coming some one must shows up to say ; send pass to me.... but, offensive players played a shadow /ghostly ,,,and this make all alone lonely midfield couple; bradley edu... they survived all by themself, and they helped defens line till final whistle... when it was neccassary they went offensive end too....
    first half last few minutes edu two time flat deep inside pass to dempsey,bradley...
    edu two time long distance air ball pin pass to jozy ,dempsey.... bradley try to score,ones edu pass met bradley ,mexican player cleared succesfuly... to be at these goal/attack chance-try scenes ,is ,plus points i think. second half edu went deep behind and shot the ball but ref call the offside,,,
    i liked edu's this offensive smart run and met the pass...at least both player tryed offensive rare try. breavly....

as i said my above commend, theyr defensive performance get goot points from my view.

ps:

guzan and besler were man of the match to me.

next games hopefuly with ready_full squad that that will continiue this good momentum,and at the end ->US goes to brazil in the first place . i believe.

ImaPuppy repped this.
  15. magic journey

magic journey Member+

Feb 20, 2010

believe or not buddy, i am sure they(bursaspor) scout this game. :)

not just bursaspor,but former coach, probably will sign new club in the new season , and i gues he will request another US player to his team. as you know the bursaspor former coach were the person that requested jozy and edu in the first place ;)

later on I would like to get more info about besler,from you. if its possible.

thanks.

ImaPuppy repped this.
  16. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    No problem, friend.

magic journey repped this.
  17. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Re Besler:

1. Beasley's card was due to DMB losing his mark on a diagonal ball over the top.
    2. I think it was a counter where Bradley was marking Chicharito.
    3. Is false, it was Beasley.

He also played with a soft yellow card.

18. G-boot

G-boot Member

Manchester United
    Nov 6, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a two handed push to the back. Which you can't do in this sport. Foul. People usually look horrible when they are pushed in the back, as they fall down.

19. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry, the only time that looked like a push is when they played a half-second of it in slow motion. Bradley did not extend his arms - go play it back. If Chicharito doesn't leap forward, it's nothing

20. G-boot

G-boot Member

Manchester United
    Nov 6, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bradley is one of my favorite players on the team, so your big soccer bias doesn't make sense.

I have no idea what Bradley was thinking when he pushed him, but you can't push a player with open palms anywhere on his body, not even his shoulder, which can be challenged by another shoulder, but never a double open palm shove. They would even call that a foul in basketball. And that is one of the quicker ways to tackle a player in American football. Necks snap back and people flail when they suddenly shocked by force in that part of the back, especially while running. Thus, it was an authentic dive.

Apparently you can just generalize big soccer posters and get repped for it. That is big soccer.

21. G-boot

G-boot Member

Manchester United
    Nov 6, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the sport when it's most physical, but you cant do this, at any speed. Even if he smartly crosses before your path. [​IMG]

22. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Broken image link (post the url too), but I went back to the tape one more time - just for you - and his elbows are at his side. Ch14 falls too easily. There were a few of those at the start.

23. G-boot

G-boot Member

Manchester United
    Nov 6, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've watched the push a number of times. Hernandez is completely aware of Bradley's position and course. You could even say Hernandez slows a bit to back across the path of Bradley, but making someone foul you, doesn't change the fact that they did foul you, let alone the need to fake it. Many players cut across the path of other players with and without the ball, baiting any type of contact. You need discipline not to make that contact, and Bradley had been watching the ball, acted recklessly, then retracted his arms after the fact. It doesn't matter that this happened off the ball, or any particular place on the field. All this despite, the sideline ref calling it as such, and a later, even more sure penalty by Edu later. We were lucky not to lose dos a cero.

24. G-boot

G-boot Member

Manchester United
    Nov 6, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The pic shows up fine on my screen, however, I'll try again since the image will clearly show both hands on his back

25. G-boot

G-boot Member

Manchester United
    Nov 6, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States