Matchday 28 | September 27, 2017 | v Real Monarchs FC

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by mangerson, Sep 27, 2017.

1. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    upload_2017-9-27_7-35-49.png

Republic FC (42 pts., 12-9-6 overall, 7-3-4 @ home) v. Real Monarchs (57 pts., 17-5-6 overall, 6-4-4 away)

Papa Murphy Park
    • Television: none
    • Radio: 1140 KHTK

Last five:
    Republic D-L-W-W-L
    Monarchs W-L-D-L-D

2. joelrip

joelrip Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oof. This week is so important and so hard. For this game, at least there's an indication Monarchs have been stumbling lately, to the point where they're in danger of getting supplanted as #1 (by Reno!). Let's hope they continue to stumble and we get our act together at home.

And then Phoenix on Saturday, which is more important due to them being not far beyond us in the standings, and potentially harder given their form (unbeaten in the last 10 games!).

Hope remains alive, but fear of an ugly end to the 2017 home season is palpable.

3. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For these last few games, if they play to their potential, and the chips don't fall their way....well, I can live with that.

If, instead, they play like they did last game....inexcusable. An indication that major changes in both the player roster and coaching staff need to be made.

4. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting...McGlynn starting outside defender. Klimenta moved inside.

5. SierraSpartan

SierraSpartan Member+

Jan 25, 2007
    Placer County, CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    Are you effing kidding me?

Two goals inside four minutes to start the half?

#BuckleOut

6. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A few realizations this game... will be typing out some thoughts after

7. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, one big realization:

Cazarez is not helping this team.

Yea, sure, on paper he's solid, and he rarely makes a mistake on the field. But that's just it- he doesn't make mistakes because he never does anything that is not the conservative/safe option. He passes the ball back, or to the side, rarely forward. He gets the ball and is immediately looking to dump it off to another teammate, as if he doesn't want the responsibility of it's a hot potato that can cause him trouble He's so concerned with not making a mistake, he doesn't do anything proactive in terms of offensively or risking a pass or taking opposing players on himself. He often gets the ball and simply stops, looks for an outlet, often killing the team's forward movement. Essentially he's taking up a spot on the field and if you're not contributing something positive to the team, it's inherently negative. I realized why I haven't liked him for some time and this game it clicked as to why. I'm convinced he's part of the problem why we are not succeeding.

Second, I've touched on before, but Cesar and Ochoa are just not good enough. Moments of brightness are not enough to warrant starting or substantial minutes, they are hurting this team.

Christian- his heart is not in it. He also has to go next season.

We are a shadow under Buckle. He is a poor evaluator of talent and does not know how to assemble a winning team. Not sure what to do but this is not cutting it.

8. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know, QT.

We held our own the first half. I thought our flow of play was the best i've seen in quite a few weeks (maybe a month).

And then the second half. Whatever adjustments were (or were not) made in the locker room at half were a failure. In addition, down by 2 in the 48th minute, our coaches didnt make an adjustment until almost the 70th minute...a full 20 minutes of thumb-twiddling.

It is obvious to me that there was no contingency plan or preparation for being behind at that point.

I agree that Casarez seems content to play the ball safely (usually a back pass). I think the same could be said for most of our center-positions on each line...forwards that wont turn in the box, midfielders content to play back at the first challenge, defenders that consistently pass 50 yards back to the keeper.

The acceptance of this style of play, along with the lack of game planning......i place both faults on the coaching staff.

SierraSpartan repped this.