Matchday 24 - Away @ Hamburg (R)

Discussion in 'VfB Stuttgart' started by Vfbstuttgartfan, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Can we finally get an away win again?

If so, this will not be an easy place to pick it up!

5 points away from that elusive 7th place, we need to start getting these wins.

2. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Up 2-0 at the break!

Great job so far boys, really hope they can keep this up. Would be an excellent win!

Ibisevic gave us the lead with his second goal for us :) and afterwards we got a penalty, which Kuzmanovic converted.

Let's not throw this away, it would be a great result!

3. JB-Bundesliga

JB-Bundesliga Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3-0! I missed the cause for the VfB penalty kick about min.47.

Guerrero let his frustration get the better of him there! What a stupid move on his part for the red card. Ulreich guarding the ball off in the corner. Guerrero comes in from behind and spikes him in the left calf. Wow. :mad:

Have fun now Hamburg! Go VfB! Now if Augsburg could just regain the lead on Hannover, it would be a really great day for us.:D

4. JB-Bundesliga

JB-Bundesliga Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to see Schieber get in for the last 20 minutes. Good sub choice.

5. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    We're cruising here. This is really encouraging.

Gotta say: 5-0 versus Hertha, 4-1 versus Freiburg, now the game here, and these were all in the last 4 matches. It does seem we have turned our form around again.

The fight for Europe is most definitely still on. Unfortunately Hannover have taken the lead now.

6. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to see Stuttgart 3 - 0 Hamburg. (I've been drifting in and out between home-chores. Must keep the wife happy!) :)

7. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    On the positive though, Bremen are losing in Berlin. We'll have made up one point if the results stay like this.

8. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    4-0! Juhu!

This has been a pretty fun couple of weeks :D

9. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's hope this train keeps rolling through the end of the season! :)

10. JB-Bundesliga

JB-Bundesliga Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool that Harnik's parents saw him score at the end. :)

Team looked fairly dominant today. Form is back. Now there's a run against mostly weaker teams for awhile. Europa seems possible at the moment.

As I type this, I see Augsburg has pulled back a tie (likely) with Hannover. Bremen about to lose to Hertha. I don't mind seeing Freiburg beat Schalke. And even better, Bayern taken down by Leverkusen (although that doesn't help our overall Europa chances...still a beautiful thing).

11. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Great results today.

The Europa league is definitely possible. I said so just two weeks ago that it can still happen, after we lost in Hannover and they were 8 points in front of us. Well, guess what, if we beat bottom-of-the-table Kaiserslautern at home next week, and Hannover lose in Bremen, we will have overtaken them only 3 games later.

Of course, long way to go yet. But it's great to see the side on form again. If they can keep this up we'll make Europe at the end of the season, where we belong.

12. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Ibigol has been fantastic for you guys! Glad to see it. He's loving life at Stuttgart, you can see it.

13. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Gladly Ulrich did not get seriously injured in that scene:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27DBI_re_r8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27DBI_re_r8[/ame]

Guerrero should get a season long ban, it is not the first time that he does such sh*t. :mad:

14. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Seriously Guerrero is one of the biggest douchebags in football. Lucky that Ulreich wasn't hurt there, that guy should not play any more matches this season. Even after the ban (projected to be 6 games, should be longer really), I hope HSV do not play him. Total asshole.

15. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Yeah.

2 goals and 4 assists in his first 6 games. Considering it often takes time for a striker to integrate in a new side, he seems to have gelled in very quick. Not that I didn't expect it, he is an excellent striker and it's been great to have him on the team so far. And he will continue to improve I believe.

He has also helped improve the players around him in my view, whereas Cacau this season was mostly only serving to frustrate them. This is especially evident with Harnik, who has really taken off since Ibisevic has been in the squad. But you can also see it, to a lesser extent, in the performances of Hajnal and Okazaki.

Hopefully this keeps up.

16. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Doesn't surprise me at all, Ibisevic has always been a team player and I'm glad the partnership with Harnik is paying immediate dividends.

Vedo is enjoying his football at the moment, something he wasn't able to do at Hoffenheim with all the negative stuff around him and thats currently plaguing our other NT player Salihovic. I hope Sejad joins Stuttgart as well.

17. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Player Ratings:

Sven Ulreich: Kicker Rating: 3 (24 games played, 2.77 avg.)
    My Rating: 3

Khalid Boulahrouz: KR: 3 (19 played, 3.50 avg.)
    MR: 3.5

Serdar Tasci: KR: 2.5 (23 played, 3.20 avg.)
    MR: 2.5

Georg Niedermeier: KR: 2.5 (8 played, 6 as starter, 3.50 avg.)
    MR: 2

Gotoku Sakai: KR: 3.5 (4 played, 3.63 avg.)
    MR: 3

William Kvist: KR: 3 (24 played, 3.21 avg.)

Zdravko Kuzmanovic: KR: 2 (19 played, 15 as starter, 3.43 avg.)

Martin Harnik: KR: 2 (24 played, 23 as starter, 3.41 avg.)

Tamas Hajnal: KR: 2.5 (23 played, 20 as starter, 3.68 avg.)
    MR: 2.5

Shinji Okazaki: KR: 3 (21 played, 16 as starter, 3.78 avg.)

Vedad Ibisevic: KR: 2 (16 played (10 with Hoffenhem), 13 as starter, 3.54 avg.)

SUBS:

Christian Gentner: KR: No Rating (19 played, 12 as starter, 3.35 avg.)

Julian Schieber: KR: NR (8 played, 3 as starter, 4.83 avg.)
    MR: NR

Cacau: KR: NR (24 played, 18 as starter, 4.03 avg.)
    MR: NR

Unused Subs:
    - Marc Ziegler
    - Maza
    - Cristian Molinaro
    - Raphael Holzhauser

18. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is the first time I got to see the Guerrero red card and it was certainly deserved. That was just plain dirty.

It really seems that Ibisevic has been a great acquisition, so let's hope that this continues and we can make the push for Europe.

Edit - apparently the disciplinary committee is pushing for him to receive an 8-match ban.