Matchday 2013 Mar 03 | VWFC vs Toronto FC

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by whiteisthecolour, Feb 27, 2013.

?

Predict the result of the match

Poll closed Mar 2, 2013.
  1. 2 or more goals win for Whitecaps

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. 1 goal win for Whitecaps

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 1 goal win for Toronto

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 2 or more goals win for Toronto

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dehun

dehun Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    According to Jay himself, the prolotherapy inflamed the tendon, making it more painful. I'm not a physio or doctor, so I don't know what the "correct" therapy would have been. I'm not entirely convinced that it wasn't just bad luck either. On the other hand, with a layman's brain, if the injury is inflamed further shortly before the start of the season, would you not play it safe and sit him out until you're sure? Besides, he was fighting tendonitis all of last year. Again, with a layman's brain, once an injury illness becomes chronic, to me it's intuitive that it will likely weaken the body part in question, making it more susceptible (not less) to a more serious injury over time. Again, common sense would seem to dictate pulling back, resting, and figuring out how to deal with the chronic injury before moving on.

2. Brittania

Brittania Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I wasn't aware of the Prolotherapy and the course of his treatment when I asked. Regardless, they should of made him wait. Of course, hindsight is always 20/20. It would be difficult to sit him if he tells you that he feels great and really wants to play.

3. sportie1

sportie1 Member

Sep 4, 2008
    thats why a team has coaches and medical staff who make the right and common sense decisions-- players will always want to play, even if the injury is not fully healed== simply put, MR and the medical staff let de merit make the final decision and look what happened! as i have stated b4, some injuries- hamstrings, groin and achilles- take double to triple the amount of time to fully heal or u risk a very long-term injury-- extreme caution needs to be taken
    it would be a miracle if de merit makes it back this season- dont want to pop his balloon, but its the truth and his progress should be focused on 2014

4. MeMeMeMeMe

MeMeMeMeMe New Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Whitecaps
    Here you are going on again about medical staff not doing a good job. What are your credentials to say this? Are you a physio or some sort of doctor? Have you seen the players medical reports, tests, scans, etc? No, you haven't. So stop trying to diagnose players through a message board.