Matchday 20: ATL vs TOR, 8/18/21

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by GunnerJacket, Aug 17, 2021.

1. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    We live by the tiebreaker rules the league set up. I am not sure why wins isn't better than goal differential? I suggest we start picking up 3 points can climb the table so we doesn't have to worry about the tiebreakers. Saturday is another chance for Coach Valentino to put another feather is hin managerial cap. Good luck to him, Hup United Hup!

2. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I don't find the tie breaker rules unreasonable. The key is not to have your team in a tie breaker situation. A win today goes a long way to fixing the problem.

Hup, Atlanta, Hup!

3. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Currently DC is ahead of us on Wins, Goals For, and Goal Differential, so definitely no argument about the tiebreaker. We are the first team below the line right now, and nobody can catch us tonight. Still 13 games to go, a new manager, and a good run of form.

4. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Doesn't Columbus have a history of backing into the playoffs and ripping off a nice run? Or is that Seattle, or Portland? Point is, this has been done. There is no reason we can't get into the playoffs and make a run.