PBP: Matchday 19: TFC vs ATL

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by GunnerJacket, Oct 17, 2020.

1. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    FT: 1-0

Frustrating cause honestly TFC didn't outplay Atlanta. The goal was the one okay that stood out, and even that required a fortunate deflection for TFC off Bello's foot.

yossarian repped this.
  2. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Save yourself some agony and assume no manager until January. While I'd like to make the playoffs I'm only watching these games with an eye toward 2021.

And I think a lot of the key players tonight will be back next season, with Lopez slotting in for Barco, presumably. Robinson, Bello, Lennon, Moreno...

3. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Since I'm not focused on the points for this season I'm not feeling too badly. TFC is the top team in the league right now, and they're unbeaten in, what, 8 games? And though the Reds were the slightly better team they were hardly taking the Stripes to the woodshed.

Atlanta was MUCH quicker to the ball tonight and the players covered a lot more ground, I feel. That allowed them to create more advanced possession.

I think Lareya caused a lot of problems for Atlanta once he came on. Bello was surely tired and when Lareya got the ball he looked to drive forward every time. When he didn't get past George he often either drew another defender or held possession to allow more Reds to move into the offense. He created the other problem besides Pozuelo that TFC had been lacking before, and that neutered some of the benefits Atlanta felt when Moreno and Barco came on.

Note also the goal happened after Rossetto came on for Remedi, which surely affected the d-marking on the goal.

But on the whole a good night in terms of team form. For 89' we all felt Atlanta was going to secure a point at TFC, which coming into the match would've been rated unexpected.

4. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again, shots on goal for Atlanta: 1

GunnerJacket repped this.