Matchday 13 | Saturday, June 8 | @ New Mexico United

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by fortunesfool223, Jun 3, 2019.

1. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1 fortunesfool223, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Away_match_NewMexico_1024x528-01_large.jpg

Saturday, June 8, 6:30 pm
    @ New Mexico United
    Isotopes Park

TV: KQCA My58, Estrella TV Sacramento, ESPN+

NewMexico.jpg

Rumor has it that our own KNAVE's favorite band will be performing the national anthem...…..
    iu.jpg

2. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game Preview (Edited from SRFC Preview Page)

Republic FC (5-5-2, 17 pts) arrive in New Mexico following back-to-back wins last week. Midfielder Sam Werner's strong play earned a USL Championship Team of the Week selection. Recently signed defender Juan Barahona is available to Sacramento following his national team call-up (El Salvador), however, several players will be unavailable.

Defender Dekel Keinan is out due to suspension from yellow card accumulation, while midfielder Keven Aleman and forward Tyler Blackwood are out as they recover from a shoulder injury and rib injury, respectively. Defender Mitchell Taintor is questionable after missing the match against San Antonio due to a right adductor injury.
    _______________________________________________________________________________

New Mexico United (6-1-7, 25 pts) host Republic FC after drawing 2-2 on the road against Orange County SC on Wednesday. The expansion has lost just once this year (vs Reno 1868 FC in April). Jamaican Kevaughn Frater leads the team with 10 goals from 12 appearances this season, while goalkeeper Cody Mizell is second in the league in saves.

Former Republic FC defender Justin Schmidt is on the roster for New Mexico United. Schmidt made 21 appearances, 17 as starts, during his lone season in Sacramento last year.

PS - I watched that NMU vs OCSC game Wednesday night. NMU is a very good team. Our defense needs to be on its "A" game.

Robdog repped this.
  3. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome write-up @fortunesfool223.

Wow, the glare from the sun is terrible. I'd like to think they have a shade on the lens but it's so bad that I wonder. Life in division 2 I suppose.

Would love to see a replay of the missed sitter by Werner. Looked like an easy toe-poke.

4. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4 fortunesfool223, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    Thanks, but I really did copy and paste from the SRFC preview. Might as well trust the professionals, right?

Very strong first half, I think.....I couldn’t see most of it with that NM sun.....i even caught myself squinting at the TV, lol.

Correction - i watched the OKC vs NMU game, not the OCFC game.

5. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First 10 minutes of 2nd half and we are getting beat to every free ball.......we’ve seen this movie before. :thumbsdown:

6. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And that is how a good team finishes a game. Well done Republic!

8. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed. Fortunate to get the soft penalty in the first half. Typical of us to dominate play and otherwise have nothing to show for it. Nice combination of bunker and counter in the second half. Both goals were sweet.

fortunesfool223 repped this.
  9. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States