Matchday 12-North London Derby [R]

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by The Double, Nov 7, 2003.

1. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
  2. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I hate the scum.

I'm positive that after the crapness of the Bolton performance we'll turn in a much better effort tomorrow. Saying that, regardless of the result I hope Thierry Henry gets injured. Without him the scum will finally realise how mediocre they really are.

3. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    For Henry to get injured, we need jumhed, Rambler and Joe E. (who are in london) to cut his brakes on his car, or something like that.

I know jum is nuts enough to do it,but im not sure about Rambler and Joe.

4. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I have been getting close to him. He complains about the birds crapping on his car. Little does he know, its my jism.

Seriously though, we're going to be killed. Ziege is out again with knee ligament injuries. Knob-jockey. Mabizela and King are NOT midfielders, and neither are Poyet or Anderton.

One thing Pleat MUST do, is play Ricketts, from the start. Ex-Arse player might just do the business. He'll at least be up for it. And Blondel in Ziege's position. And forget me sabotaging Henry's car, I'm going to be down Anderton's place, cutting a small divot in his garden path. That ought to keep him sidelined for a least two months (when he steps in it and twists his knee).

We could do with Redknapp back. As a skill player, Redknapp needs 'water-carriers', like Ricketts and Davies to do all the hard-running.

I hope we do get a result tomorrow, but I'm filled with dread.

5. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    http://www.spurs.co.uk/article.asp?article=171274

I love this kid. Every week he's positive and has done his level best to fit right in. If he puts in a top performance today then I think we should do everything possible to sign him permanently.

Hopefully he'll also be our good luck charm.

6. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    did they move the webcast to a pay service?

bastards. doesn't even work on a mac.

7. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    For the Love of God Hold ON!

4mins: GOAL. Keane turned on edge of box, attempted clearance came off him into the path of Anderton, who flicked past Lehmann. 1-0.

6mins: Henry snapshot from 25 yards forced sharp save from Keller low to his right.

9mins: YELLOW. Parlour for late tackle on Taricco.

12mins: SAVE. Fantastic tip aside by Keller after Henry cut back inside Carr and shot from angle.

14mins: YELLOW. Konchesky for encroachment from free-kick - Henry second attempt curled onto roof of net.

20mins: YELLOW. Anderton for foul on Cole.

24mins: CHANCE. Postiga onto Lauren poor back pass, didn't seem to get ball in position to shoot, Lehmann out to smoother chance.

25mins: YELLOW. Richards for foul on Henry.

26mins: Great defending from Anderton to deny Ljungberg a tap in at far post.

38mins: Parlour shot always going wide after spell of Arsenal pressure.

40mins: CHANCE. Amazing carbon-copy of earlier chance, Lauren weak back pass intercepted by Postiga, but telegraphed his intentions one-on-one and Lehmann made easy save.

42mins: Kanu 25-yarder flew a yard wide.

Half-time: Arsenal 0-1 Spurs

46mins: Dalmat and King combined on edge of box, King cutback to Postiga cut out by Lauren.

49mins: YELLOW: Taricco for foul on Ljungberg.

49mins: Gardner alive to clear loose ball from dangerous Pires free-kick.

60mins: SUBS: Cygan and Bergkamp for Gilberto and Lauren.

65mins: Henry away from Dalmat and King but lashed shot over.

Line-ups: Arsenal: Lehmann, Lauren (Cygan, 60), Cole, Campbell, Toure, Pires, Ljungberg, Parlour, Gilberto (Bergkamp, 60), Henry, Kanu. Subs: Stack, Edu, Hoyte.

Spurs: Keller, Carr, Taricco, Gardner, Richards, Anderton, King, Dalmat, Konchesky, Postiga, Keane. Subs: Burch, Doherty, Zamora, Mabizela, Ricketts

8. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    FUCK

All tied up, Pires with the rebound.

9. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    It's 2-1 now.

10. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    ::Sigh::

2-1 Arsenal
    Ljungberg

11. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The only strong criticism I have about today is that we did not take off Postiga for Zamora at half time. We were 1-0 up and it was obvious that we would be counterattacking in the second half. Bobby's pace and strength would have made a difference.

But anyway, we've shown committment and some good quality. Once we get Kanoute and Davies back we'll be excellent going forward. Add to that the new manager and the top quality driving defensive midfielder that we definitely need in January, then we'll be fine and looking to move forward.

Still time to save the game though :D

Come on you Spurs!

12. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh well, final whistle.

Ref and linesman were a ****ing joke all game. Henry was offside for their first goal, that was an absolutely critical moment.

13. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    We are back in the relegation dogfight. How are *#*#*#*#!ng Charlton in 4th and we are down the bottom half?

14. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Oh where Oh where is our Russian Billionaire?

15. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    We actually played well. Except Postiga. Bless his heart, he had a go at least.

Arse were quite lucky, needing a deflection to beat the mighty Keller.

So no shame in our performance, unlike the one against Bolton last week. Well done Spurs, pity about the result.

16. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Quite lucky?!

offside and a deflection??!

Postiga needs a goal, he was rattling them in in pre Season. A nice easy game to let him get some minutes together, and put away the chances. He can play, but needs some self belief and some consistency.

Fkn Arsenal, always lucky! Hmph.