Match Thread: Timbers vs Quakes - Week 2 - 2016

Discussion in 'Portland Timbers' started by mikeyth, Mar 10, 2016.

1. mikeyth

mikeyth Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. king felix

king felix Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Hopefully another 3 points and hopefully melano picks up his form from Sunday

3. mikeyth

mikeyth Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed on Melano. I think he wasn't getting enough of the ball but he wasn't making it easy either. If they play this new guy Colvey against him it should lead to some space for him to make runs.

4. king felix

king felix Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    He still has a lot to prove especially for his price tag. He showed flashes last year but he needs to start producing. He seemed invisible Sunday and a lot of the time last year. Hopefully he reaches his potential because there's nothing else on the wings except the new guy who also seems to be potential rather than more of a finished product

mikeyth repped this.
  5. mikeyth

mikeyth Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you mean Barmby? He's definitely not a finished product and will be pressed to get playing time I think. He has kicked around in the youth leagues and lower level English clubs for a reason. Melano has the talent for sure but yeah he needs to produce more. I really do think Valeri needs to look his way more though. Valeri to me favors the left hand side more when looking for a target.

king felix repped this.
  6. mikeyth

mikeyth Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. king felix

king felix Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Yeah, melano was better tho I felt. What a crazy goal. Not too worried about the result but San Jose looked pretty good

mikeyth repped this.
  8. mikeyth

mikeyth Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha agreed, that goal was ridiculous. Melano looked really promising early on. not suprised Asprilla was subbed off. he needs to bring the energy level up considerably in my opinion

king felix repped this.
  9. king felix

king felix Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    He was like that last year but really came on down the stretch. Too bad he doesn't seem to be able to play on that level through the whole year. His final decision making is cringeworthy lol oh well

mikeyth repped this.