Alert: MATCH THREAD ::: Strikers vs. FC Edmonton ::: 2013 Opener!

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by drSoFlaFan, Apr 4, 2013.

1. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saturday, April 6 • 7:30 PM • Lockhart Stadium • Fort Lauderdale, FL

Yay! Home opener! The much too long wait is over!

Tailgate party will get going probably around 3PM, the new area is at the south side of the stadium, we'll be right up front outside gate B.

2. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Finally!!! Cannot wait for Saturday night! Seems like it's been forever since last season ended. One thing that has my curious lineup wise is Dimitrov starting up front, and Herron sitting on the bench. Watching Herron last year, seeing his temperament on the field, I find it hard to believe he is ok with this situation. Especially when it's a hired gun from a rival who will only be here a few months taking his spot. Hoepfully it doesn't cause any locker room issues.

I am very hopeful Walter will be back at 100% and can quickly regain the form he was in prior to getting injured last year. Him controlling things on the attack really freed up Sparky to do his thing scoring goals. When Walter went out and Shore had to shuffle things around, I think Mark was the one most affected, and we saw it in a pretty significant drop in his production.

I think our backline looks the best it has in three seasons to open things up. A little bit long in the tooth back there (says the guy who is older than all of them LOL) so the quality of our depth will be huge. Matty should be solid as usual, so no worries there.

On paper we look like a competitive team, but the statement Coach made on Ultras Alive the other night that we are the second lowest payroll in the league this year is concerning me. Maybe it shouldn't. After all, Minnesota has done wonders with a low payroll. But the assinine ridiculous schedule format this year makes it even more difficult for a low salary team I think. Only one spot to go for, everyone else will have to subscribe to the Ricky Bobby school of thought when it comes to standings. At any rate, the season is finally here! Hope to see everyone down at Lockhart on Saturday for a big opening day crowd, and a nice win! Let's go Strikers!!!

3. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not only do we have the 2nd lowest payroll in the league, the Strikers have posted that we, again, have the youngest team in the league.......:(

For all of that, the season is one day away, the rain that we've had for the last 12 hours should be gone by Saturday morning, a decent crowd is expected at Lockhart that night and everyone is ready for the games to begin. Life is good, at least for awhile....;)

4. Yahhh Steve

Yahhh Steve Member

Feb 19, 2009
    South Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't been this excited for a game since the 2011 home opener! The stadium looks great, and with the news that reserved seats are sold out, the atmosphere is going to be incredible.

Let's hear thoughts and predictions on lineups, score, attendance, etc.

5. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-1 draw in front of 5,200+. We did not look good in the 1st half, (0-1) at the half, but played much better after the intermission. Good match and happy to get the point. The season has started. Let the good times roll!

6. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good crowd, the new seating configuration dramatically improved the atmosphere.

Considering the south sideline seats 3,200, and the lower end sections they had open sit about 1,000 each, the 5,201 number looked pretty accurate.

Walter came in and changed the game. Dimitrov didn't factor in at all, didn't see the ball enough.

Hope to see Walter start and Anderson return next Saturday in ATL.