Alert: MATCH THREAD ::: Strikers vs. FC Dallas ::: US Open Cup Round 3

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by drSoFlaFan, May 26, 2013.

1. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tuesday, May 28th • 7:30 PM • Lockhart Stadium • Fort Lauderdale, FL

Round 3 is here, and counting last week's PK victory over Laredo, the Strikers are now on a little win streak. The reserve squad (more or less) pulled off the upset and got a win in Edmonton, so now let's see what kind of squad coach puts out there Tuesday night!

Maybe the emotion of that PK shootout could be the turning point for the season. We'll see....

Antique repped this.
  2. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Played hard, had some chances and couldn't do much with them. Lost 0-2. Good effort, difficult result.

3. AmericanMag

AmericanMag Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought that we had made a decent showing of ourselves in the first half. Second half we began to fall apart... Restrepo was man of the match for me and I thought that King had a good match as well. We really need someone who can put the ball in the net, though.

But I see that Orlando beat the Rapids....

4. nbace

nbace Member

Jacksonville Armada FC
    United States
    Apr 8, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Restrepo's lob over the keeper had not hit the post...who knows what kind of game we might have had. But the boys were clearly outclassed in the 2nd half. If they bring this kind of attacking effort on a nightly basis......the rest of the NASL season could be much better.

drSoFlaFan and Antique repped this.