Match thread - Euro 2024: Portugal vs Czechia

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by artielange84, Jun 16, 2024.

1. Ohbleeka

Ohbleeka Red Card

Sporting
    Portugal
    Mar 17, 2024
    Let’s go with a back 4 of Mendes, Antonio, Dias, Cancelo next game. Palhinha in midfield with Joao Neves, Vitinha.. Front 3 Jota, CR7, Chico.. Leao, Neto, Fernandes, bernardo super subs

2. Ohbleeka

Ohbleeka Red Card

Sporting
    Portugal
    Mar 17, 2024
    He’s right. Bernardo is chicken shit. Should’ve never even gotten the call up. Most overrated player ever. Play Joao Neves, Chico over him or Vitinha will take the spot

3. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    https://dubz.co/v/236vd4

Leao on the goal. Pathetic

Forces Bruno to leave his central man to block the cutback because his lazy ass is defending so nonchalantly

4. Caldo Verde

Caldo Verde Member

None
    Portugal
    Feb 3, 2018
    You are beyond delusional.

Ronaldo needs to sit his ass on the bench, or go back to Saudi Arabia, and you and everyone else who thinks he should still play all game every game can ******** off.

money11 repped this.
  5. Caldo Verde

Caldo Verde Member

None
    Portugal
    Feb 3, 2018
    "This team is jealous of Ronaldo and refuses to pass to him"

I mean imagine actually believing things like this. They were crossing it to him all game. Constantly looking for him when they were better options available, as usual. This guy went on a tirade about how we're all idiots and we get our opinions from ESPN FC, and then spouts this crap. It's actually embarrassing. They try to set him up all the time. All game the attack revolves around getting the ball to Ronaldo. But no, they're actually jealous of him and refuse to pass to him. lmao.

AGomes and money11 repped this.
  6. Ohbleeka

Ohbleeka Red Card

Sporting
    Portugal
    Mar 17, 2024
    You were technically correct lol

7. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No, only person really crossing was leao in the 1st hslf were he crossed to no one, Ronaldo got 3 crosses from the rest of the team. He was always open for a pass or cross that he never got

8. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    lol the ronnie fanboys are hilarious. They were playing 11 behind the ball, but yeah, the most famous goal poacher of all time was “always open for a pass or cross”.

If everyone wasn’t so jealous of Ronaldo, he would’ve hit 1000 goals years ago!

Caldo Verde repped this.
  9. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
  10. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Common with a lot of managers. Rather ride it out a bit longer than admit their 11 was wrong.

11. Caldo Verde

Caldo Verde Member

None
    Portugal
    Feb 3, 2018
    I swear you guys need therapy. They were looking for him all the time. There was one counterattack in the first half with Bruno charging up the field and he had Bernardo wide open to the left of him, instead he waited and waited and eventually deferred to Ronaldo. If they didn't pass to him, it's because he was covered or offside like he usually is, because he's nearly 40 and doesn't have the same pace or movement he once did.

Do you guys think the entire game plan should just be to feed Ronaldo with crosses all game? Because it sure seems like it.

For the record, I don't even think Ronaldo played that badly. But this notion that they're jealous and don't want to pass to him is pure fantasy. If he didn't get adequate service, it certainly wasn't because they were intentionally not passing to him. That's insane.

William Whitehill and money11 repped this.
  12. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    “So queria dar alegria aos portugueses mas principalmente a minha familia que sofre muito” - Chico

Man this whole family sucks.

nelly29 repped this.
  13. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    I watched the game while I was at work. Portugal's pace was cautious and sluggish through the game. I had bad feeling that with time passing in the first school feeling to appear that the checks would score one. And that's exactly what happened out of nowhere and against the play. Those goals count like any others. I can't help but noticing that bringing in fast wingers such as Conceição and Neto war a game changer. Portugal game has been lacking in speed and percussion over the past couple years because we have been playing without wingers. Bernardo Silva isn't a winger. That's probably why he plays so poorly for the national team. I Have a feeling this can be FC's Euro. I think Martinez is steel trying to define a gameplay. Portugal had an overwhelming ball position during the entire game and steel. He wanted the team to play with a back line of five which might be seen as excessive I think that as the competition progresses, he will start, including more rapid wingers. This will be key for success.

14. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    In my younger days I would go get screen shots maybe make some clips give you clowns the exact time to look. But none of you actually watch jack shit. You drink your beer and wait for replays while talking about whatever else.

This is as much credit as I am going to give you for a response. I'll go on espnfc for your latest thoughts.

money11 repped this.
  15. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    No but seriously. Do you actually, unironically believe that this team is so ludicrously jealous of Ronaldo that they would rather lose and be a laughing stock in Europe than pass him the ball? Even writing this was hard without cringing in second hand embarrassment, I don’t know how anyone could actually believe it.

Caldo Verde repped this.
  16. Caldo Verde

Caldo Verde Member

None
    Portugal
    Feb 3, 2018
    #291 Caldo Verde, Jun 18, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2024
    You're in no position to take this tone with anyone. You genuinely believe the 39-year old who plays in Saudi Arabia wasn't getting good looks because the rest of the team was refusing to pass to him out of jealousy. They worship him.

You have this built-in defense mechanism to absolve Ronaldo of any criticism. Anyone with half a brain shares the same opinions the rest of us here hold about how Ronaldo should be used.

What screen shots would you show me? When Vitinha was clear through on goal and didn't pass it back to Ronaldo because he wants him to fail? How about all the times he's "open" because he's yards offside? Or when Bernardo has opportunities to shoot but still tried to play in Ronaldo? Or when Bruno played it off to a covered Ronaldo during a counterattack when other players were wide open? No, apparently you're the only one who actually watches the game.

17. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    This thread is running wild.

18. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Would these clips feature Jordan Peterson psychoanalyzing the thoughts of each player to prove they are not passing to him out of jealousy?

money11 and NewLaw83 repped this.
  19. Ohbleeka

Ohbleeka Red Card

Sporting
    Portugal
    Mar 17, 2024
    I’m not surprised.. The Czechia game was wild.. Absolute rollercoaster..

20. Ohbleeka

Ohbleeka Red Card

Sporting
    Portugal
    Mar 17, 2024
    Anyone see Ronaldo smack talking and yelling at the Czechia gk and defender after the Chico goal ? I have screenshots but can’t figure out how to post here. Dude was screaming and pointing in their faces or flipping them off lmao.. He’s such an arrogant prick but I love this guy, he has so much fire in him still and I grew up watching him play. I’m so happy this guy is on our team, I’d absolutely despise playing against him. He’s a headache for other teams.. They nicknamed him “the bug” ..

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  21. Ohbleeka

Ohbleeka Red Card

Sporting
    Portugal
    Mar 17, 2024
    Costa
    Cancelo Dias Antonio Mendes
    Joao Neves Palhinha Vitinha
    Chico Ronaldo Neto

22. ricardoq

ricardoq New Member

Mar 29, 2009
    I was shocked that you predicted the exact same time, but then the VAR

23. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  24. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Isn’t that the correct response when you beat a team that parks the bus?

25. TorontoCalabria

Fiorentina
    Italy
    Sep 12, 2018
    It's a big 3pts finding 3 goals when facing lost points in 25 minutes even if they were ugly/offisde is not to be taken for granted. they found a way. Vitinha for me is the one because he keeps things ticking. If you notice the teams that played well so far Germany Spain Italy all had a good number 6 in Kroos Rodri Jorginho and Vitinha is the only other in the tournament that can be put in that category for me, this is key.

Ruben also had a good game and was a real leader out there. He made a fantastic late block.
    Does anyone feel Costa could have made the save or did he not see it in time? Regarding Ronaldo I would say however you feel about him this is his last Euros he's going to play let the man cook he earned the chance to go out on his sword and you can tell he is in good spirits.
    He is not hear to moan at the players or avoid blame as maybe he did in his younger years with Portugal or even at the World cup where he was in a bad headspace. He's playing with a smile on his face and is a real leader. He is invaluable. Bad mouthing maybe the greatest European player of all time is just silly. He won't be dropped.

Paposeco repped this.