MATCH ONE: UNIVERSIDAD-zorros

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by franco, Jan 15, 2007.

1. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...whats up people?...new season begins what should we expect from pumas this season?...personally, if the middle down remains strong, i expect more in our offense this season...hopefully they dont let us down..

...how much are the tickets disco?...i am looking into watch in it live at CU this sunday...i will probably be easy to spot since i will most likely be with this friend of mine who is black and she is about 6 feet and slim...hope to party the nite b4 match day in polanco...

...hope this is a succesful one for pumas, may the force be with us...:cool:

2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Its going to be a good game but i hope a tuca does not play so defensive as last season. They should play more offensive because last season games got pertty boiring almost went to sleep in some of them.

3. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA

...well, i see where you are coming from with that comment about being boring...but defensively pumas was A1...had we scored a few more goals you will be looking at a possible champion...we will see how we do this season but i also hope for a more dinamic team upfront...:cool:

4. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    I have a season ticket, so I am not 100%, but I think general, planta alta are 70 pesos.. Last season there were always long queues at the taquillas before kick off (if I had any friends coming, we always bought off touts).

You can buy in advance off ticketmaster.com.mx, but will have to pay about 90 pesos for them, and if you want to buy in person, they only sell them at 5 outlets (scum):-

- Centro Cultural Telmex - Metro Cuauhtemoc
    - Teatro Metropolitan - Metro Line 2, Hidalgo
    - Salon 21 - Lago Andrómaco # 17 Esq. Moliere Col. Polanco. Metro San Joaquin (thats a long way from Salon 21, to be fair)
    - Palacio De Los Deportes - Metro Velodromo
    - Hipodromo de Las Americas

and they have some pretty stupid rules, like they won't sell them after 6pm or something. I hate ticketmaster to my very soul.

Well, I think I have mentioned that we are always in Pebetero, Planta Alta - to the right of the rebel (as you look at the pitch - to the left of the rebel if you are a player on the pitch), about half-way up. We have British accents, and swear. A lot. and drink. A lot. I will keep an eye out for your friend, and hopefully you.

I am so starved of footy at the moment we are going to see Cruz Azul v Pachuca on Saturday, if you fancy that too. (you actually could get to the Azteca in time for America v San Luis Sunday, if you fancy a hat-trick of games this weekend). Last time I saw the Borg he was breaking the Tri goalscoring record at the Azteca.

Anyway, very very very excited about Sunday, if we keep our heads and discipline, should get a good start.

Out on the lash in Polanco?!! You must have done well in that garage sale !! :eek:

5. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    RoRo has a two match ban following the fracas v Pachuca. Bit harsh, it wasn't much of a punch. I think Tuca has made it clear that Bernal would be his number 1 in any case. They have no one suspended

6. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Re: MATCH ONE: UNIVERSIDAD-zorros [R]

Didn't see you Franco, shame.

First impressions, just back from game:- Not entirely disappointing, we undoubtedly had the best of it, and our defence holding up, despite a few scares (although never in real trouble), but that lethal instinct in front of goal still not there. Mediotiempo said Paco Palencia had a decent game, but he seemed to have never met his team mates before (this is actually his third game with them), and very very poor in a couple of one-on-ones.

For me, the biggest presences were those not there - Scocco and Ailton, any reason they were not involved today?

Bernal - not too much to do, read the game well, do wish he would hold long shots more.

Velarde - not a good game today, caught out of position way too often, although good going forward
    Veron - absolutely awesome today. won everything, always found his man with every pass out.
    Pikolin - good game, solid, reading it well, too happy to hoof it forward, but some nice little passes too
    Castro - solid game, usual professional performance

Chiapas - not too impressive, and with Velarde not on song, the left was a bit of a mess, especially 1st half (subbed off 59 mins)
    Sancho - good game, leading from the front
    Leandro - very good Leandro performance, charging runs, taking the game to them, set pieces not good today
    Pareja - another good performance, again really showing more ganas than most of the team, always finding space, his team mates oddly not using him enough, crossing not up to scratch

Gonzalez - the energy and determination he shows is always great, first touch (as can happen with him) let him down once, took the (offside) goal well. hustle, hustle, hustle. (subbed 16 mins)
    Palencia - a few good runs, no understanding with his colleagues yet, took his chances very badly.

Subs:-
    Chupa Lopez - excellent over head kick narrowly over, clear cut pen turned down on him, but overall looked poor, and will NOT work, frustrating.
    Iñiguez - poor. You know I don't like him, but Tuca had 4 or 5 better options.

So overall, more or less carrying on from where we left off, just changed Reinaldo for Paco, with more or less the same result.

A word on the ref:- Seemed to give them the slightest knock, but missed several nasty two footed from behind challenges on our players. Not all bad, but the shocking penalty not given means he did genuinely affect the result.

A more or less scrappy affair, which we had the better of, they looked good in places, but we controlled the midfield well enough to not be too concerned. Just need to sort out that last third - the area of the park where certain players make their mark, and make their money. Players like Ailton Da Silva and Ignacio Scocco.

7. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It was a good game but they need to practice on there one-on-one against the goalie. They had chances of scoring but no supieron definir and what happen to Scocco and Ailton. With Scocco and Ailton we could have had a more ofensive team and would have probably scored.

8. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Donde esta Scocco?

Well, todays game was pretty decent. Paco had some clear ones but I get the feeling that hes still a bit rusty ans not used to the teams playing style. He should improve quickly. Looks like Tuca doesn't really like Scocco. Towards the end of last season he would sub him in the 2nd half or sometimes not even use him at all. Looks like its carrying on into this season as well. But with the other options now being Iniguez and Chupa I'm getting a bit worried.

9. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Re: Donde esta Scocco?

If he really doesn't like Scocco, thats a disaster. I am sure Paco will find match fitness and match sharpness soon enough, but not playing Scocco is crazy. We shall see, I guess.....

Says in the paper that Ailton is not 100% recovered from an injury, and watched from the stands. OK so that explains one of them...

Also says that Gonzalez will be definitely out for next match, Veracruz, but we will know more today

10. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    I was a little unhappy with the result, considering that Universidad had at least 3 sitters in 5 minutes in the 2nd half, and didn't cash in any of them. But points are points, the out of town socreboard was kind to Pumas this week, but we can't count on that.
    I cannot beleive Scocco didn't play. Pumas needs him.

I am still firm behind my assertion that it will San Luis, Veracruz, and Queretaro that will be fighting off relegation. Pumas can give my hypothesis a little validation with a win over the sharks next week.

11. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    You all know I think he's great, but I think this sentiment is being echoed everywhere.

However, I remember seeing him about a week ago, and he had had a hair cut - quite short - maybe he's like Samson!

I think Ariel Gonzalez deserved to play - however with Scocco and Ailton playing we would have won yesterday. full stop.

12. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    No. Santos didnt amount to shit against Monterrey. Too much star power on that team. Theyre bound to collapse.

13. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Scocco went on the record yesterday saying an injury kept him out.

From Medio Tiempo

14. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I went to this game. Lot of fans and pretty good environment. But UNAM has started slow so I will probably go to the Chiapas game or wait until Cruz Azul comes. Of the 3 games I´ve gone, although still good this was the worse. America/San Luis and Atlante/Cruz Azul were better although not that much better.