Match Day 2 (pbp) - Morocco v. Iran - St. Petersburg

Discussion in 'GROUP B: Portugal, Spain, Iran, Morocco' started by soccernutter, Jun 13, 2018.

1. monere

monere Guest

I understood that reference :)

kennytt repped this.
  2. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    But Morocco showed almost nothing the entire second half.

Iran somehow come off with a win after playing antifootball. I honestly can't believe it.

3. MarocFAN

MarocFAN Member

May 18, 2006
    Morocco/Germany
    What a shitty game of antifootball. Congrats Iran.

Rickdog repped this.
  4. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Lesson of the day for North African teams :) Both lose on exactly the same clueless mistake.

Kamtedrejt and monere repped this.
  5. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Morocco v Iran 0:1 (0:0)
    Iran won courtesy of an injury time own goal. Morocco pressed vigorously for almost 90 minutes, won most of the balls, passed around the ball well, but wasn't able to create more than a few clear cut chances. The best shot from Morocco was superbly saved by Iran's goalie, Beiranvand, and for that save alone he would be my MOTM.

Tough luck Morocco. They certainly didn't deserve losing and even a draw would not have really rewarded their hard work. But at this stage, the game is about goals and points. Congratulations to Iran and hope now that the pressure is off of our team, we can play much better.

6. monere

monere Guest

not getting the reference (honestly). Maybe a link??

7. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Thank god Iran won. I knew they were going to win if they played their usual game. This game was no different.

People were disrespecting Asian teams especially after Saudi's game like the rest of the teams were a head of AFC teams. Not true at all. Hopefully there's more wins for AFC teams.

Morocco played like sh!t and they were supposedly a head better than Iran before the WC. Nope, absolutely toothless up front, sloppy passing, and so many mistakes.

saam14, Zandi360 and Mani repped this.
  8. Edwardinho

Edwardinho Member

Barcelona
    France
    Feb 11, 2018
    Iranians were more effective on final third. Moroccans dominated the match in all other areas. You don't score and you will be punished, that is how football works.

TheHitman47, Zandi360 and Kamtedrejt repped this.
  9. bong

bong New Member

Jun 13, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    thanks aziz appreciate ya

10. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Yep, Iran winning is good for the AFC, especially when Japan, SK and Australia are in pretty tough groups. If Iran can at least make it out of the group stage, the AFC can at least have 1 representative.
    One thing about Iran imo is that they have pretty decent squad depth.

TheHitman47, Kamtedrejt and kennytt repped this.
  11. Skandal!!!

Skandal!!! Member

Legia Warszawa
    Poland
    Apr 26, 2017
    Will there be riots in Brussels?

12. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Congrats to all the passionate Iranian fans in this forum, i couldnt watch the game but as soon as i heard it was 1-0 i thought about all of you guys

Valkyrie, AIL1998, TheHitman47 and 4 others repped this.
  13. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Definitely. AFC sides need to bring their A games and frustrate those who have discredited them.

14. monere

monere Guest

they played their best. The fact that they didn't score can be attributed to having a bad day, but it always hurts when positive teams lose in such an ugly manner, I'm a strong believer that attitude in football should be rewarded more than it currently is, but... it's football, one of the most unfair (still beautiful, though) sports in the world :(

15. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats to Iran national team and all Iranians. This was our second win in the World Cup history. I am extremely happy and emotional. Again Congrats. Now time to focus on next games.

@ all Moroccans:

Congrats for playing fair and good football. I know how you feel now. Two minutes before we score, I said to myself that goalless draw should be fair and It will not make any Moroccan and Iranian sad. However It was our fate to win this game which does not really mean we are better than you. I love you all Moroccan brothers and wish you the best.

16. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Iran played as they had planned out and executed their plays well. With some luck they were able to wrap up 3 points.

Congrats.

Kamtedrejt and killaorca repped this.
  17. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take care with your phrasing. These are not the only two teams to make this mistake.

18. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tough luck Morocco... I just saw the 2nd half but seemed very unlucky on their part. This result certainly makes the Iran v Spain game I'm going to attend in Kazan next week more interesting

19. kennytt

kennytt Member+

LA teams
    United States
    May 26, 2001
    Westminster, OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the pressure is still on, because now the chance to advance is real.

20. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure what match you were watching, but Morocco were not shit. They lacked that final ball/solid finishing, but they played fairly well most of the match.

TheHitman47, monere and kennytt repped this.
  21. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    Morocco already out too...bad luck for them today.

kennytt repped this.
  22. kennytt

kennytt Member+

LA teams
    United States
    May 26, 2001
    Westminster, OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True...Getting points against Portugal and Spain is like impossible...

23. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I didn't see it but I missed 20 mins of first half. Some of their key passes were pretty bad especially at the end.
    They only looked "good" because Iran let them. Iran was really comfortable without possession and if Morocco tried to be offence, Iran easily dealt with them with their physicality.
    That was another decisive thing, Iran was out muscling Morocco with ease, and was winning almost every header that I saw.

Zandi360 repped this.
  24. MarocFAN

MarocFAN Member

May 18, 2006
    Morocco/Germany
    Why? Morocco performs better against european teams. I'm still hopefull.

25. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Morocco is an excellent team, even if they lack quality forwards upfront. Their most impressive quality is their relentless and vigorous pressing. Iran couldn't successfully have a throw-in find our players without the ball being intercepted by the Moroccans, who were running and pressing like crazy. I have seldom if ever seen a side press so vigorously for 90 minutes and earn the ball in so many duels against us, even if on occasion both sides used a bit of hacking and fouls to get their way on these duels.

I still pick Morocco to draw Portugal and I hope they don't let this loss derail their hopes. They are a fine side.

TheHitman47, Mani, Kamtedrejt and 3 others repped this.