Match Day 12 (match #35) - Iran v. Portugal - Saransk

Discussion in 'GROUP B: Portugal, Spain, Iran, Morocco' started by soccernutter, Jun 19, 2018.

1. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    If you choose to focus on the final 5 minutes, then yes Iran could have defeated Portugal. However, if you look at the entire game had Ronaldo not missed a pK, Iran would have been trailing 2- 0.

NewLaw83 and verde-rubro repped this.
  2. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We do not feel lucky at all, we deserved to go through and even if we did not we are through. The red card propaganda against Ronaldo is very funny and I am not even a fan of his, although his talent is indisputable.

RedBullSeven and NewLaw83 repped this.
  3. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Iran, at the WC 2018, had its best performance ever scoring 2 goals in 3 games, one OG and a "questionable" pk, in other words the Iranian attack was unable to produce any goals by its own means. Still some people applaud, respect but when Portugal went through pulling 3 draws in 2016, it were all rage. It don't get the double standards. The little guys are great until they keep to nearly winning and don't threaten certain big guys' leadership. Being fair-play when you win is worthless.

NewLaw83 and verde-rubro repped this.
  4. Roland25

Roland25 Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Germany / Aachen
    His talent is certainly indisputable but this has nothing to do with talent. He deserved a red card at least as much as he deserved to get that pentalty.

5. Roland25

Roland25 Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Germany / Aachen
    Everything is relative. You cannot compare Iran with Portugal. If Portugal get eliminated in group stage with 4 points this is a disaster, if Iran does it is an achievement. Especially if we considere their limitations and all those political difficulties. They played with their heart and push themseleves to their limits.

The standards indeed are different for different teams. If Portugal reachs Quarter-final it would be a great achievment, if Germany gets eliminated in Quarter-final it would be a disaster. Everything is relative.

Philip J. Fry repped this.
  6. Iforgotwhat8wasfor

Jun 28, 2007
    Are you assuming you will play Switzerland in R16??

7. Roland25

Roland25 Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Germany / Aachen
    I personally think we get Brazil and this can become our worst WC since 1938. Who knows, may be Brazil decides to play worse in R16. They are not convincing either but still playing better than Germany.

8. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Portugal won the Euro 2016 which is a great achievement for any team, still it seemed to bother many people.
    Also, Germany being sent out in quarter-finals would only be a disaster for German fans, given the way Germany has been performing.

9. Edwardinho

Edwardinho Member

Barcelona
    France
    Feb 11, 2018
    Portuguese fans know they are wrong about Ronaldo yellow card (he should have been sent off) and several occasions they were given gifts by referees in all three matches but they still come here and argue. They think if they post the last comment, they have won.

Friends, dudes, buddies, you got a wrong PK vs Spain, lucky to not being fined for two PKs vs Morocco, lucky for only yellow to Ronaldo and Quaresma for violent act and not called on two 50-50 PK occasions against you. Even your PK vs Iran was a 50-50 at best. I don't know why you complain about referee. You have been one of the few teams who got the favors more often than usual. You are through and match has ended so just focus on your knock out round and be ready for Uruguay.

waitforit and Roland25 repped this.
  10. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Look what this guy is posting elsewhere

Too sour to be objective.

11. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    So, are you saying Portugal is lucky?

12. Q_Eagle

Q_Eagle Member

FC Porto
    Portugal
    Jun 5, 2018
    LA
    Well then I guess Diego Costa should have gotten a red for his elbow on pepe then. Would have been sweet if we had gotten 3 points in the spain game

13. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    For those saying Iranian's penalty was rightfully called, an argentine defender did a similar thing today and the referee didn't call for a pk.

NewLaw83 repped this.
  14. NewLaw83

NewLaw83 Member+

Jun 3, 2015
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Copying and pasting from the other thread so we dont miss it.

Here is a link to the Total Soccer Show podcast. Great unbiased review of the games. At 43 minutes in they recap the Portugal Iran match and they talk even talk about that the yellow card for Ronaldo was the correct call and as well as the "hand ball" was not a good call. So the Iranian fans should have fun with this one.

https://tfss.libsyn.com/world-cup-2018-group-a-and-group-b-finales-review

15. NewLaw83

NewLaw83 Member+

Jun 3, 2015
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yeah just saw that! What F'n BS with the consistency. That hand ball penalty should have never been called. EVER! There was NO INTENT!

16. Edwardinho

Edwardinho Member

Barcelona
    France
    Feb 11, 2018
    Portuguese fans just repeat themselves. I saw the match, talked to the referees, listened to at least 4/5 different sport programs and the pundits/referees/players/coaches. All of them were saying Ronaldo (even Quaresma in 2 cases) should have been sent off and other points I mentioned.

Repeating your comments doesn't make them right. Continue the effort and we may reach page 100. End of the day you were lucky. This is not gonna be the case in knock out stage. :whistling:

17. Q_Eagle

Q_Eagle Member

FC Porto
    Portugal
    Jun 5, 2018
    LA
    Nothing u ever saying makes sense man. You talked to the refs? Lol . Your posts are a constant work of fiction. Cedric should have gotten a red to for that handball. Maybe pepe shoukd be sent off aswell for stomping on messis hand six years ago... or especialky eder for scoring against france. Ur hilarious chappelle aint got shit on u

NewLaw83 repped this.
  18. Edwardinho

Edwardinho Member

Barcelona
    France
    Feb 11, 2018
    Can you watch the match with football players, referees, football fans or not? I do.

19. NewLaw83

NewLaw83 Member+

Jun 3, 2015
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    And I am sure they are all biased like football fans too.

Q_Eagle repped this.
  20. Edwardinho

Edwardinho Member

Barcelona
    France
    Feb 11, 2018
    The whole world is wrong and only you are right! Sure buddy :x3: This is a never ending cycle. I am out of here. You guys dismiss any comment or TV pundit or referee's comment that does not match your narratives and uphold few which are closer to your view and ask other fans to agree with you. This doesn't work. Let us agree to disagree. Enough said.

21. NewLaw83

NewLaw83 Member+

Jun 3, 2015
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Actually the majority agree with that a yellow to Ronaldo was correct and the penalty for the "hand ball" is wrong. Hell even Ronaldo haters are saying it! Dont be mad because I am right!

22. Q_Eagle

Q_Eagle Member

FC Porto
    Portugal
    Jun 5, 2018
    LA

He doesn't hate you cuz you are right. He hates you because portugal beat France at home in 2016 and he can't get over it.

NewLaw83 repped this.
  23. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    If we meet again, then they won’t have that home advantage, and Ronaldo would be there if he doesn’t get red carded.

24. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #449 JoseEmidio, Jun 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    We Will not agree on the red card, I can accept a yellow at the maximum, which is what he got.

25. Q_Eagle

Q_Eagle Member

FC Porto
    Portugal
    Jun 5, 2018
    LA
    What I just don't understand is how people say that the Diego costa elbow on pepe wasnt a foul but this is a red card. No one seems interested in responding to that point tho.

NewLaw83 and JoseEmidio repped this.