Match 7|Germany vs. Australia|13-06-10|Pre-match discussion

Discussion in 'GROUP D: Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana' started by Lusankya, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Really to bad Ballack is out.

I see a great performance from Schwaaklsdfa;lsdfjaiger today though. :D

2. Crisstti

Crisstti Member+

May 29, 2010
    Chile
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Great pictures :).

3. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :p
    we call him piggy,shweini or Bastian to make live easier...;)

4. Crisstti

Crisstti Member+

May 29, 2010
    Chile
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I do hope so too... The noise is quite annoying, especially because it doesn't let you hear the chants of the public.

5. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    I don't think too many Germans even got tickets for this world cup so it'll
    really be the Aussies who have to try.

6. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We have to call im Bastian now. He complained about the Basti and Schweini thing. He is a grown man now, ready to dominate the German midfield lik the Kaiser or his sidekick Loddar did.

7. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    mckenzie?

8. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    So according to Bild, this is how we'll play:

................................Klose................................
    Podolski......................Özil.........................Müller
    .................Khedira...............Schweinsteiger.........
    Badstuber......Friedrich.........Mertesacker........Lahm
    ................................Neuer................................

So, no surprises there, and no Trochowski (told you so :p)

9. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Bresc has back trouble so it looks like we're doing

------------Schwarzer
    Wilkshire---Neill---Moore---Chipperfield
    --------Grella------Valeri
    Emerton------Cahill------Culina
    -------------Kennedy

10. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Not sure who I'm cheering for yet, but let's get at least 3 goals in this match. :D

11. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If I'm not back on before the game than I would like to respecfully wish you Aussies good luck. Hopefully it will be an exciting match. :)

12. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    LOL. Yeah, i like getting jacked about the games, and I've never heard much of Australia's team before, so seeing all those pics of how spirited their fans and team look, gets me excited for this game today.... much more excited than I was this time yesterday when I knew little to nothing of Australia's team... except for how everybody was saying Australia is not a team to underestimate, even guys like Franz Beckenbauer.

13. RobbyRobson

RobbyRobson Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    hopefully it will be an exciting game with attractive soccer being played like in confed cup 4:3 for germany!:D STILL I WISH GOOD LUCK FOR AUSTRALIA! let's get, let's get...rocked, boys!:)

14. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Thanks :) Took me a good while to look all that up, but I enjoyed it.

15. Tori Maximus

Tori Maximus Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Europe
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I've been looking forward to this match! Have a great game everyone, and good luck to both sides.

16. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Although this match appears to be tilted heavily towards the Germans, it is brimming with all the right components to be an interesting match to watch.

...Australia, who made it through 2006’s “group of death”, will be a tougher than expected competitor after an impressive qualifying performance.

The Socceroos...enter their third World Cup more battle ready having come through Asian region qualifying this time around. Featuring an experienced group, including many who played in Germany 2006, they have the confidence to push all the way. The midfield is physical and in a 4-2-3-1 formation, they could take teams to the wire.
    The key will be star midfielder Tim Cahill who has a reputation for coming up big. The team is equally known for its defensive abilities with goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer and central defender Lucas Neill.
    Coach Pim Verbeek is highly respected by his team, and has developed a focused squad

http://www.capperspicks.com/blog/soccer/odds-australia-vs-germany-free-gambling-pick-90610/

17. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Cmon Aussie!! Let's show some spirit like this :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0thHtB5Pt1g&feature=related"]YouTube- Australian Cricket ad[/ame]

18. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Francois Duchateau, Goal.com Germany:

"Australia has a super organized team but but I think Jogi Loew and his guys are patient so maybe we will see just a late second goal. If someone scores, than probably a midfielder: Podolski, Ozil, Khedira, maybe Lahm."

19. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Germany are understandably favourites, but their problems in goal might open the way for Australia to spring a surprise, writes James Eastham.

No Germany side in living memory has contained as few household names...Germany have won their opening fixtures at the last five World Cups but their price of 1.51 is too short for me. They were excellent during the qualifiers but go into the finals without first-choice goalkeeper Rene Adler and inspirational captain Michael Ballack, among others. If anything they're a lay. It's certainly worth waiting until the game gets under way before backing them if you fancy them, because as long as Germany don't score an early goal you'll find a bigger price later in the first-half.
    Are Germany really more than a goal better than the Australians in a game where both sides will be finding their feet on neutral territory? The market says they are, but I'm unconvinced. The chances of Joachim Low's side winning by two goals or more appear slim, so backing Australia with a +1.0-goal start on the Asian handicap at 2.12 is a sound bet. If Australia win or draw the game, you'll make a profit. If they lose by a single goal, you'll get your stake money back.
    Germany goalkeeper Manuel Neuer will start only because Rene Adler picked up a rib injury in April. Neuer was third-choice until Robert Enke's suicide last November, so Germany will lack their usual authority in goal. Arne Friedrich and Per Mertesacker are experienced defenders (although the versatile Friedrich has not always played as a centre-half), but may struggle to contain Australia's attack in what looks likely to be an open and entertaining game.
    Two nations who don't like to lose, this match has the potential to see goals

http://betting.betfair.com/world-cu...stralia-world-cup-betting-preview-120610.html

20. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Germany

Neuer
    Friedrich
    Khedira
    Schweinsteiger
    Ozil
    Podolski
    Klose
    Muller
    Badstuber
    Lahm
    Mertesacker

Australia

Schwarzer
    Neill
    Moore
    Cahill
    Culina
    Emerton
    Wilkshire
    Chipperfield
    Grella
    Valeri
    Garcia

21. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart

Problems in goal? This is the one position Germany never has problems...

22. timotheus

timotheus New Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Chicago
    I predict one thing.

On a long pass, the ball will go BOOOOOOOOOOIIIIINNNNGG and clear the stadium.

23. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Wow. No Kennedy.

-----------Schwarzer
    Wilkshire--Neill--Moore--Chipperfield
    -------Grella-----Valeri
    Emerton------Cahill-----Culina
    ------------Garcia

Some way off our first choice attack.

24. kaos1970

kaos1970 Member

May 2, 2008
    Halifax
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This seems to be a very attack oriented line-up. Looks as if Loew is counting on their inability to score and has focused solely on the most important thing, which will be breaking down this Australian defense and scoring goals. Very capable and creative squad out there and I hope that we get to the Aussies early on.

25. kaos1970

kaos1970 Member

May 2, 2008
    Halifax
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'd say your coach has implemented a defend for the full 90 minutes plan.