Match 62 (SF) - Germany v Spain - Pre-Match Thread

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Knockout Rounds' started by Caesar, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F.L.I.P.

F.L.I.P. Member

Apr 26, 2005
    CANNOT wait for this game tomorrow!

2. dundermifflininc

Jun 19, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope Germany can win. I noticed that Paul picked teams on the right, its probably just a habit. Spain looks like a slow paced team and Germany is a fast paced team. The other Spaniards have to score goals to beat Germany. Losing Muller is gonna be hard on Germany, but they are still a stacked team without him.

3. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Germans have had 4 days to savour victory, In less than 12 hours it either ends or continues.

4. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Good luck to ze Germans... we need you guys to get our party going :D

5. guedegba

guedegba New Member

Jun 6, 2006
    I am behind Germany on this one, they have been the best team in this tournament so far and do not have a love for diving like the actress Sergia Busquet from the spanish midfield, I think Spain will regret not having at least Marcos Senna on the bench, he brings spine to their team and was their best player at the 2008 Euro.

6. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    OK, folks. Good luck and let's see a clean, entertaining game.

7. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Senna was injured and had a horrible season.

Sorry germany this is a world cup of 1sts. 1st european to win outside of europe, 1st time spain reaches the semis, 1st time WC is held in africa and a new champion will emerge with one star on his jersey which will be spain

I have to say germans are very admireable and respectable people. As for the dutch i cannot say the same. I will enjoy the thrashing we're going to give them.

8. AllStarz

AllStarz Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Although I should be rooting for the Germans... it would maybe be better if Spain ends up being the second finalist. There's little left of the old rivalry between Dutch and Germans and relations are better than ever.

A final between Holland and Germany would likely bring back the nasty rivalry which wouldn't do any good.

9. domingo

domingo Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hanover
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wow!
    German saying:
    When the cock is crowing on the dung pile the weather might change or not.
    Any better translation anyone?
    Can't wait. It's a 50-50 thing.

10. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Far from it. The germans have the KNOCKWURST POWA!

DEUTSCHLAND!

11. Brummsel

Brummsel Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    When they play like this (and BILD has a high reputation for being correct about football-gossip) Germany should have a chance. Because Kroos is the player most likely to fill in the gap Mueller left at being dismissed for his second booking.
    The Spanish key player seems to be Villa in this tournament. And starting on the Spanish left side, he will often play against Lahm, who is a real match for Villa.

I just hope for a neighbourhood-final Germany vs. Netherlands. And I don´t think that all those bad feelings between both countries will come up again. A fair rivalry, like between the Spanish and the German side here in this thread, will prevail instead of those dumb cliches as leftovers from WW2.

12. HerrRupert

HerrRupert BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 4, 2005
    madras
    as long as u have that diver robben and psycho van bommel the rivalry will be strong i hope for another ger dutch final with mueller giving u a good trashing you are used to that no?

13. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    From what I have heard from both sides the rivalry is seen as a very sportive one in recent years. Sure there will be some stupid comments, and most would rather have us lose against Spain than the NL (I wanna see NL vs D and will be happy whoever wins). I don't think this game could have the hatred from earlier days reemerge, it would more likely make for a great event. 74 would be reenacted, whoever wins.

14. Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Berlin
    It's probably been posted before, but...

[​IMG]

All in good humour! Good game everyone!

15. AllStarz

AllStarz Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wonder what you'll come up with when you play against us in the final. :D

16. FCBerken

FCBerken Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

;)

17. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Maybe cheese and a cheese knife?

18. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Once again GL to the Germans.

We need you there sunday. Cheers.

19. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I forgot to DVR this match!!!!!!!!!

I normally would root for Spain, but something tells me that if Spain wins today, they'll lose to Holland, and I don't want Holland to win the title because of their diving vs. Uruguay and Brazil - and this from somebody who always liked Dutch soccer.

Germany, win today and win on Sunday; you deserve a fourth World Cup.

20. dundermifflininc

Jun 19, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey the Paul the Octopus comments are gone.

21. Overtkill

Overtkill New Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    If diving is a reason not to support a team then you should definately not support Uruguay (Suarez is one of the worst divers I've seen this tournament) or Brasil or Portugal or Italy or lots of other teams for that matter. The only player in the Dutch squad that dives sometimes is Robben. Don't judge the whole team for that.

22. Simmer

Simmer Member

Feyenoord
    Netherlands
    Oct 23, 2009
    Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Diving? We won fair and square!

Did diving made Melo crazy/Julio Cesar misgrab the ball? Did diving made the Brazilian defense so scared that they let a midget like Sneijder score a header? Did diving made Gio score an amazing long distance shot? Did diving made Robben score a perfect header by a nice cross of Kuyt? Did you saw Luis Suarez vs South Africa... THAT was diving. He even got a penalty for it. In such situations you can say that a team won by diving!

I wish Germany/Spain both good luck. I have to admit I hope Germany wins because it would be a great final between two great football countries. The rivalry is not that big anymore but if we somehow manage to win the final then we have our revenge of 1974 and if we lose (again :rolleyes: ) than at least we lost to a worthy opponent who played great football this tournament. But I think Spain can cause them much troubles though.

23. Et3rnal L1ght

Et3rnal L1ght New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Vietnam
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Vietnam
    I wonder why... No, really, I need to know.

24. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I somehow do remember that the Portuguese used a similar picture with Ronaldo bullfighting the Spanish with ease only to have to run the day after the match a picture of the Spanish bull goring Ronaldo.

It would be a nice pic to see in tomorrows edition of Die Bild have to show Low and the rest of the boys getting trampled by the Spanish bulls at the San Fermines via Durban!! :D

http://estaticos04.marca.com/imagenes/2010/07/07/futbol/mundial_2010/selecciones/alemania/1278496624_0.jpg

Aupa Espanha!