Match 59 (QF) - Germany v Argentina - Post-Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Knockout Rounds' started by JaredSS07, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What does this have to do with the two of you having a pissing contest?

2. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    edit: deleted post, I was looking at the wrong youtube clip. Honestly I don't know the answer, I gave contrasting colors but the shorts are the same like the german tops.

We only have two colors blue and black. I think you're right, we wore blue because of Mexico's green. But Albiceleste/and Blacks shorts are our home kits.

Wait, I think that's that reason. That's our complete home kit, and Germany was away kit. Simple.

Relax Moishe he's just joking around. We're cool. :)

3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nothing, you told us to take that to PM's... :confused: And we did. All sorted.

Our away kit shorts are actually white but we might have worn the black because Argentina wore blue with the albi-celeste top.

That was Germany's error.

4. Plxix

Plxix BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 13, 2006
    Riquelme didn't show up to play vs. Germany in 2006 or vs. Brazil in Copa 2007 or pretty much whenever he wants to not do so. He's the same way at club level. Then he walked away from the national team.

Riquelme can kiss my ass, same for all those who support him.

5. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think FIFA is requiring the socks to be different colors. It's helping them spot those fouls a lot better isn't it? :rolleyes:

Maybe it was Argentina's decision that the blue shorts go with the blue socks.

EDIT: Theory number 2 says that Argentina wore their away kit vs. Mexico, but used the home shirt, because the solid dark blue was too close to solid dark green. (simpler, so probably true)

6. Plxix

Plxix BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 13, 2006
    They do. They did that at the stadium, right behind the Argentina dug-out. All the racial slurs you can think of flying at the Argies and Diego the entire time (worst were right behind the green Racism sign).

Hey Germany spent a billion dollars since '02 on development while raiding foreign talents left and right so they deserved be recognized as a more diversed and multi-cultural nation and a soccer powerhouse.

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Link???

They had a sign that said "bye-bye Diego". They probably jeered or booed at him as well. Very different from accusing fans of being racists. So what kind of racial slurs were they yelling at him? Be specific or just say, "I don't know".

Except for Cacau, all the players that we raided were born and raised in Germany and have at least one German parent, (Khedira, Oezil, Gomez, Boateng) or came to Germany at a young age with German roots (Klose, Marin, and Podolski).

Aside from Cacau, all these players come upm trhough German youth programs.

...so would you care to revise your statement about "raiding"?

8. Lichtgestalt

Lichtgestalt New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Munich
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i can't escape the feeling but it seems that ethnicity and race- debates in sport related topics are a rhetorical device to distract from the miserable or bad team performance of the own team.

i've got no other logical clarification for this :(

9. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  10. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly right. All of the German starting lineup are a product of the German football system. The lesson: Watch more Bundesliga :)

11. Pfeife

Pfeife Member

Dec 19, 2005
    You guys simply can't lose in dignity one single time, can you?

12. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Please provide us with some links to prove that you're not just talking bullshit (what I suppose).

Yep, the whole German press is conservative. You seem to be perfectly informed...

You're wrong. We were just superstitious. :))

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKgBw1BfJck"]YouTube- Germany vs. Argentina - 0:1 (03.03.2010)[/ame]

13. vhatever

vhatever Red Card

Jun 16, 2010
    USA
    Well, let's see here. Maradona called possibly their best player a "ball boy" and refused to even sit down at a table with him for a press conference. Then he made fun of a German accent in the international media. Then he said God had choosen argentina to beat Germany.

Did you expect them to throw him roses?

14. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    C'mon, please don't generalize just because of one sore loser. I didn't see the Argies (neither players nor fans) being sore losers after this game.

And now let's show this bitter guy how much we actually love Argentina ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWek5uG7MJc"]YouTube- Udo Jürgens - Buenos dias Argentina - jahr 1978[/ame]

15. ThreeStars

ThreeStars Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Berlin, Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This is something I have experienced even on Big Soccer when the WC was held in Germany. There were white supremacist users trying to stir up discussions about wether Gerald Asamoah (German Mother, Ghanaian Father, born in Germany) should play for Germany because he was not white enough. It is disgusting, an the German team takes a stand against precisely this kind of racism. No German player plays for these people. There are idiots in Germany, too, of course, but I believe that a lot of the respect that the German team is getting from neighbouring and rivalling countries like the Netherlands and England comes also because a lot of young people have been here and know what it´s like. And because the team plays very well. Extremely well.

Now this:

... this is just bullshit. The DFB spent a lot of money to install talent camps in cooperation with the clubs in 1986, after the 0:3 loss against Portugals B-Team with a coach that worried more about his hairdo than about the players and Lothar Mattheus at age 39 as the main man in the team. Then the DFB made it an obligation for all Bundesliga teams to install talent camps. Also, the government changed immigration laws from the former concept of genealogy (Blood), to birthplace and time of residence. The german team looks very much like the amateur football teams you will find playing football around Germany.

There are nationalist assholes among german fans. You get some in other countries. It does not seem to me as if the above post cools that fire, when it needs to be extinguished.

16. pmhong

pmhong New Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Wow. What an ignorant fool. I thought you were some informed Argentinian fan but it was my mistake to ask. Riquelme put Argentina in position to win in 2006. It was the coach who decided to sit on 1 point lead against hungry/host German team and paid for it at the end. I feel that Riquelme did the right thing by not going along with Maradona. As this game showed, that kind of soccer was no match against power teams like Germany. Riquleme knew that Maradona was hopeless. With Riquelme and Zinetti and Cambiasso, I think Argentina could have done a lot better. Zinetti, Cambiasso, and Milito were all in the same team that won Champions league. Leaving these three out was a madness from what I see.

17. Alexnova

Alexnova Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    German players are underrated as many play in Germany and not in England or Spain.

The defence is not great but the rest of the team is top class. They don't 'miraculously' become great when they were their national colors. Their greatness is recognized only when they play for Germany as their league is not hyped up like the others.

If a 20 yr old had played even half as well for England as Muller, he'd have been overrated and overhyped up as having the potential to be the greatest ever. I somehow doubt the German/Bayern fans are singing about having seen the White Pele.

18. pmhong

pmhong New Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Maradona had no idea what he was getting into by coaching. He didn't seriously study how defense works or how to manage players. The whole world found that his effort was a joke. There is more to coaching than kissing every player. I am no fan of Argentina and have no attachment for this team, but I just feel the whole nation paid a huge price for hiring a wrong coach when they had many great players who could have played much better. Come on, he had almost no coaching experience!!! What did people expect? Magic?

19. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Exactly.

20. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Said so much in so few words.

21. Alexnova

Alexnova Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can they appeal a yellow for Muller?

22. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nope

23. Alexnova

Alexnova Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Shame.

4 goals and 3 assists. He's produced more in the final third than any player in this tournament. And he's out of position on the right.

He also played a great reverse ball for Klose's second goal yesterday while on the ground.

24. teccomin

teccomin Member

Aug 5, 2006
    If I were the coach, I won't bring Riquelme, Cambiasso and especially Zanetti. They are old, its about time to let the young ones gain experience. Maradona is building a team for the future, which revolves around Messi, Higuain etc.. Not all old and experienced teams are guaranteed to do well, e.g. Italy. Germany also risked by not taking Frings, and also Ballack was injured, they are still doing well nevertheless.

It is still a coaching error, but its not on the level of team selection but on the level of training and tactics.

25. teccomin

teccomin Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Bundelisga is weak because none of the teams are filled with stars. But the handfull of stars in each team are top class nonetheless.