Match 58: BRA : BEL - MAZIC (SRB)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018: Refereeing' started by balu, Jul 5, 2018.

1. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Did you send the warnings by PM? I got none.

Saying I especially got warnings, shows how biased this forum has become. I think I registered here some 13 years ago. Know what? The forum keeps getting worse. So ban me if you wish.

2. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    after 13 years, got tired of all the bias of this forum. Dont worry Paul. Already created a thread at the appropriate forum asking for the deletion of my account.

3. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The warning system does need revision here (at the very least, informing you when a warning has been issued). The situation at hand is that @RefIADad made one post that could be construed as an ad hominem attack; you made several.

Your prerogative.

4. RefIADad

RefIADad Member+

United States
    Aug 18, 2017
    Des Moines, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How in the world do I get a warning? I made no personal attack after a scathing personal attack by @AcesHigh . If merely pointing out that someone may have a fan’s bias results in a warning, then that’s a heck of a low bar.

Show me where I made an ad hominem attack.

5. GoDawgsGo

GoDawgsGo Member+

Nov 11, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No worries. This is like the equivalent of us giving a yellow to one player on each team to make things appear fair and balanced even though one player barely deserves one.

Same thing happened to me with in another thread with a different clown. Cup's almost over and the trolls will go back to their caves for another 4 years and the mods that never post in here will go away too.

6. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except that's not how you put it. You mentioned national bias and/or nationality as grounds for dismissing the rest of the argument - at the very least, inflammatory in a WC context.

7. GoDawgsGo

GoDawgsGo Member+

Nov 11, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haven't even seen the posts you are referring to, but that's hardly an ad hominem attack.

8. RefIADad

RefIADad Member+

United States
    Aug 18, 2017
    Des Moines, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever. I’ll take my warning for the equivalent of being the French guy whose head was in the way of the ball Otamendi kicked. If that’s what it takes to keep the other guy happy, OK.