Match 57 (QF) - Netherlands v Brasil - Post-Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Knockout Rounds' started by JaredSS07, Jul 2, 2010.

1. BSGuy321

BSGuy321 Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Netherlands: deserved winners.

2. We have a motto in the province of the Netherlands:

Luctor et emergo

So when you have your foot on our throat, we will bite of your toes to make you fall

But this match with the twists proves that there is only one match that matters in a World Cup all over the world.

The world is eagerly waiting for the next round in 4 years, if the world is that lucky to be granted it again:)

3. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Yes he has a reputation as a diver. In this particular game though, he did absolutely nothing wrong. He might have overreacted when he got fouled - but he DID get fouled. That is the point.

It's you who brought up 1974, not me.

4. Grandi_joost

Grandi_joost New Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    I think the Brazilian players weren't prepared well enough againt the Netherlands. They were so aggitated. Look at Robinho reacting at Van Bommel in the first minutes of the game. I'm ashamed to say it, but it looks like he's on some kind of drugs or something.

And off course Robben is an annoying opponent, but this was exactly the way NOT to play against him.
    Dunga can be blamed for the loss, I think. Don't know what he did to the players.

5. prochembro

prochembro New Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan

This is pretty much spot on, I watched the game over at a bar the same night and the 2nd half Dutch play was remarkably better.

From the moment the 2nd half started they dominated possession and applied constant pressure to the Brazilians.

The first goal was almost inevitable with the way the Dutch were playing, after that, Brazil started to get agitated which then aided the Dutch even more.

Look at that game and you'd see,
    1. How the Dutch broke down the Brazilians by keeping possession
    2. How to not react when your opponent levels the score (stop bitching to the ref and just play)
    3. How the Dutch passing and ball control are among the best of the World Cup. While many will say Brazil and Germany are the best here, Netherlands for the first time in the world cup, impressed me as much BR or GR.

On pure talent and ability alone Brazil are the best. However, in the 2nd half the Dutch were just the more composed side in this game and were able to fight tooth and nail to hold on to that lead once they got the 2nd goal.

Also, don't under estimate the Dutch defending, they were superb when Brazil was throwing everything they got at them in the last 15minutes and some of those passes, flick ons, dribling etc. were among the best I've seen in while.

1 person likes this.
  6. Mighty Dutch

Mighty Dutch Red Card

May 1, 2010
    ^^^ excellent post. Repped

7. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006