Match 47: Chile-Spain Post Match Thread (R)

Discussion in 'GROUP H: Spain, Switzerland, Honduras, Chile' started by Pichi, Jun 25, 2010.

1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Chile played much of the match with ten men and barely lost to the big pre-tournament candidate. And they only lost due to a couple of correctable mistakes.

I think if they keep playing the way they've been playing, and they improve the effectiveness in converting their chances, they have a very good chance to upset Brazil. They have created lots of chances, but they need to start scoring more goals!

2. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thing is, with the way Brazil plays, they're just going to absorb the Chilean attack and counter. And Brazil on the counter against a stretched Chilean defense is worrying to say the least.

3. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Hey bro, from my "rat mentality", I can tell you, I am more objective in my point of view, while you seem to be somewhere in between Fantasyland and Shangrilah, 48 years since our last victory in a WC, 60 years since we had one, outside our own country. Oh yes, the paper allows a lot where you can write on, but the fact is that wins have to be achieved and no matter how strong is your team, if your team doesn`t do what has to be done, you`ll never achieve it. Wake up, bro, we had extraordinary players in all that lapse of time and no one was able to do it until this team. I have my right to feel as I do, and as me, I think that most of the chileans who cellebrated each of those wins agrees with me, maybe it is because they also are proud of our "rat mentality"........

btw, your analogy is full of ignorance, if you knew a little about rat behaviour, you`d realize that those animals are very smart.
    ;)

4. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Suazo needs to make a heroic comeback! Can't believe the top S.American goalscorer hasn't had a chance to shine yet. Hopefully by now he should be returning to match fitness.

Brazil will be his target.

5. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    well it was a good game, we desperately need one of our forwards fully fit...

About objectives, think reaching second round was the minimum objective, so nothing to brag about there, what we can brag about is the way in which we made it, never bunkering, even against a favorite like Spain and with 10 players, no other team can say that.

6. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  7. free bet

free bet New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Club:
    Aalborg BK
    Spain is the best!!!

8. Chilexican

Chilexican New Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This game was also terrible for me. As a half-Chilean, I hoped for a Mexico-Chile final but this game was the momentum shift for Chile in a bad way. If weren't for Valdivia's weak effort to pass the Xabi Alonso, Bravo would have not left the box and that goal might never happened. We could had tied and faced Portugal rather than our usual opponents that we lose to, Brazil.

9. Mar1nka

Mar1nka New Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    no doubt