Match 47: Chile-Spain Post Match Thread (R)

Discussion in 'GROUP H: Spain, Switzerland, Honduras, Chile' started by Pichi, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    navijacica, are you Italian?

2. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    I think Chile lost the game in the first half, by commiting big mistakes such as in the first goal Valdivia lost the ball stupidly, than Bravo came out and instead of kicking the ball out, he really pased it to Villa who simply took the shot to the goal with no oposition. ( I have to admit that Villa really took a nice shot).

Later in the second goal, Villa served it back and Iniesta took a shot by himself with no oposition, somebody should have followed him and blocked him as well. In addition, Estrada tripped Torres unintentionally and he received his second yellow card; as a consequence he was sent off. I thought, at that point that I would be the end for us. During half time Millar came in and his first chance he scored a goal with Pique's help. At the same time Honduras and Switzerland tied their game which meant Chile and Spain will go through to the next round.

3. navijacica

navijacica Member

Jun 15, 2010
    no LOL.

4. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Chile played better before the 2-0 was scored? North Korea was playing better before the 0-1 for Portugal was scored too. :D Most teams played better before they get scored on, it means they kept the 0.

I like the earlier mentioned "fuzzy" logic, we'll change it to that.

5. navijacica

navijacica Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Look, you are not very smart and can't see to my argument. On top off that you are a fan. Lets say goodbye?

Spain played the game of their life and just in case I have to mention Messi is player of the world cup

6. nlsanand

nlsanand Member+

May 31, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Can Torres be sited for diving after the fact?

7. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Another example, you're on a roll. :D

8. BamBamZam1+8

BamBamZam1+8 Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Very proud of this team regardless, they didn't hang their heads after being 2-0 down. But yes, Estrada should be left in SA.

9. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That is very debatable, as Estrada barely clipped the other player.don't remmeber who it was. No bad intention there, so the ref had a word with him.

Chile's inexperience did mess them up but, are you really going to let Pique and Puyol push you around?, as we all know how they play, yet the little Chilean players were getting called for offensive fouls. Come on... Puyol can dish it but can't take it.

Sergio Ramos was loose even in the first half, yet those BIG chilean beasts were mowing over those spanish players.

Chile was very anxious the first half but settled down eventually.and Then Spain had to shut down operations.

10. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Im still not convinced with Spain's performance in this worlcup. Next round i think Spain will go home and i just hope Chile comes with a win next round.
    Vamos CHilenos

11. cliche_guevara

Jun 1, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    It was a make up call, Estrada should have been sent off before. Chile set out to stop disrupt Spain by playing very physical. It was brutal, and all cards (except the second yellow) were justified. Chile was lucky not to get carded even more than it was. But most importantly, this strategy almost (almost!) worked, until Bravo ********ed up.

12. Ezto

Ezto Member

Jun 27, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    You cant compare Chile with North Korea. Chile will give you a run for your money and dont forget that you only qualified ahead of them by ONE goal. Keep playing the "RAT" football you showed in the group stage. We will see how far you get.

13. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    the thing is that he fell, but didn't dive or complain to the ref, rather it was his teammates that rushed over to the referee. this is my opinion though

14. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. ajaxpsv

ajaxpsv New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    L.A.
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If, the GK for Chile did not pull a Higaita...a tie? :eek:

16. Jabulanini

Jabulanini New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Chile fought with a lot of "bravura". Very glad about that you qualified too. Hope you give big troubles to Brazil (or even eliminate them).

17. Ezto

Ezto Member

Jun 27, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Sad is the crap the number 2 in the world shows in the field.

18. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oscar, navi - knock it off between you two.

19. Jabulanini

Jabulanini New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Next Tuesday: N.2 of the world vs N3, of the world

20. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ranking have only to do with results. the N.2 team got the result today.

21. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think What Spain is missing is that killer instinct. they have the players to do it. but they just play too calm.
    Although Villa had a tough game, he was still able to score so i gotta give him some props for that.

22. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    We're going to be hearing a lot of Spanish on the field for the R16. :D

23. Ramon Allones

Ramon Allones Member

Feb 8, 2004
    Let me be the first to congradulate Chile on their advancement. You guys deserve it more than the Swiss. I'll root for you against brazil.

My Spain still has a lot to improve upon. But they deserved the victory. Yes Chile might have scored if they went on attacking. But Spain would have scored several more also.

24. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    One thing I'm concerned about as a Spanish fan is our dependence on Villa for scoring. Here's hoping Iniesta gets back into form.

25. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. Villa is not hitting what he should. He should have 5 or 6 by now, but only has 3. On that end. Iniesta should have 2 or 3, and Torres should have 2 or 3.

Maybe it's the ball...;)