Match 47: Chile-Spain Post Match Thread (R)

Discussion in 'GROUP H: Spain, Switzerland, Honduras, Chile' started by Pichi, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    ----------------------------------------------

Chile 1 :: 2 Spain

This thread is neutral and strictly moderated.

Please take strongly partisan discussion to the
    team boards or to the World Rivalry board.

----------------------------------------------
    No Flames - No Trolls
    ----------------------------------------------​

2. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Fair result, damn courageous play from Chile to keep themselves in it from a man down.

Damn shame to bust that much ass for the opportunity to play Brazil in the round of 16 though.

3. navijacica

navijacica Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Bad game, bad players, Spain would never win 11vs11 - Spain is another dissapointment from this WC.
    And than Spain decided to kill the game.
    Would LOVE Brazil to get Spain and kill them and send them home. Oh well, hopefully crynaldo will score 10 goals vs them

4. nam207

nam207 Member

Jun 12, 2010
    When both teams go through, all of them are happily exchange jerseys, when one go and one eliminated (u.s Algeria), none of them were :D.

I'm happy that Chile go through. Good spirit playing with 10 men.

5. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    We were winning when it was 11 vs 11, they scored when they had 10. Flawed logic. :(

Good luck to Chile in the coming game(s)

6. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    We were winning 2-0 when it was 11v11

Fuzzy logic?

7. Ezto

Ezto Member

Jun 27, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Spain, thanks for destroying this beautiful game.

8. navijacica

navijacica Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Because you don't consider all the statements of the argument. Than any argument is flawed. Don't teach me about logic :)

9. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    are you ever happy?

10. ridv34

ridv34 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I blame it soley on Bravo (the keeper). It was a fun WC for Chile, but me personally, I know what the outcome of every Brazil VS Chile game is, so I'm not even gonna bother watching.

11. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I wouldnt waste time teaching something to somebody who uses such fantasy land logic. Why bother? :D

Just a spot on observation from my part.

12. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    What a disgraceful match in terms of the implications and importance of it in the group. The referee killed this match early. and Surely Chile could have taken it if they had a full squad. I'm not the conspiracy type, but the ref's attitude was completely different for both halves. I was hoping for Brasil vs. Spain. oh well.

Sergio Ramos should have been carded at least. and Estrada was probably going to be subbed by Bielsa at halftime, but we'll never know. Fernando Torres fell but didn't complain, rather it was his teammates that did.

13. navijacica

navijacica Member

Jun 15, 2010
    I told you. When you consider an argument you have to consider all the hidden statements as well.

14. Ezto

Ezto Member

Jun 27, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    EL Caballo de Jorge Ramos doesn't get yellows.

15. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a terrible ending. Yes Spain and Chile deserve to go through but that was a disgrace.

16. navijacica

navijacica Member

Jun 15, 2010
    no. why do you ask.

Do you ever think?

17. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    started off as a fun and exciting match. spain did what they needed to top the group.

good luck for both teams. i really hope spain can start getting into gear now.

18. dxclaudio

dxclaudio Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Im extremely disgusted in Orellana, Paredes and Millar. WTF!!!!!!!!!! You just came in and you can't put pressure on them? For that BS Bielsa should of left what we initially had. yeah Millar had a lucky one, yeah, great, but you stop playing after that? WTF this wasn't colo colo vs santiago morning, it was Chile in the WC vs Spain run, run run. God damn we missed Carmona today!

Chile was playing better until we lost our man, after that we lost all ball possession. I swear Bielsa needs to let that dumb ass Estrada stranded in S Africa and find his way home. Yes that 2nd yellow was accidetn but his foul before that was def the 2nd yellow yet he forgave him.

Estrada, Iturra, Paredes all go HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    We killed ourselves, simple as that. Like always, we began totally outrunning Spain but Bravo and Jara seemed very nervous all game. Two mistakes, two goals... nothing else to it, really.

I'm still expecting an explanation for the Estrada second yellow and subsequent red card. Horrible Mexican ref.

Medel was a beast and we'll definitely miss him for the next game. :(

20. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    We were winning when Chile had 11, Chile scored when they had 10. The only thing hidden is dumbness, and it's not hidden very well at that. :)

21. dxclaudio

dxclaudio Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

He had forgiven him on a previous sweep where he deserved the 2nd yellow. Estrada = Iturra with a nice free kick. F both em.

22. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yeah, i was hoping this Orellana kid was going to come in and keep constant pressure on the Spanish defense, but really didn't do anything

23. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why? Two of those three cards were legit, if not all three. It was Chile who screwed themselves.

But, he did get the red card wrong. Yet, at the same time he missed previous second yellow.

Estrada should have been subbed well before halftime. It was obvious to me, at least, that he was not playing with control.

24. ridv34

ridv34 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Spain should send Bravo a fruit basket for the gift. Until then, Chile was in Spain's half more than Spain was in Chile's, then, right after, Estrada was red carded.That's what he's referring to.

25. navijacica

navijacica Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Oscar, my friend. Chile was playing better before the goals and the red. Sure Spain can score (many individuals can decide the match alone), but I doubt you would have kept the score 2-1 with 11vs11. The score is not everything

Do you really think that because Chile scored with 10 they are better with 10? Maybe we should email Bielsa and suggest him that he plays with 10 players. What do you think my friend?