Match 47: Chile-Spain 25 June (Pre-Match)

Discussion in 'GROUP H: Spain, Switzerland, Honduras, Chile' started by Pichi, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BamBamZam1+8

BamBamZam1+8 Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Ah, I'm really nervous but very eager to see this game played. I'm taking off work early to come home and watch this game, with some alcohol by my side, because I'll need it either way.:D

2. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    You mean alcohol to cure your fingers injuries, since once the game starts, you`ll end up eating all your fingernails as I already did, and in the process you`ll end up eating the point of your fingers too........:D

3. fatjoez

fatjoez New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    sounds tense, my friends argument was spain will win this because they need the win to get through

But I was more inclined to take into consideration their performance so far, and also chiles performance which has been pretty good ...

definately think its harder to pick than the betting clubs seem to think..

4. Amortalinblack

Amortalinblack New Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is what Spain need to do...

---------------Casillas-------------------
    Ramos--------Pique--Puyol-------Capdevilla
    ---------Fabregas--Xabi Alonso------
    Navas-----------Xavi--------------Iniesta
    ----------------Villa------------------

Drop Torres. He just isn't good for the national team and he wastes WAY too many easy chances to score. Bring on Iniesta, injured or not, the team needs him.

Fabregas over Busquets, you'd lose some defensive ability (which Busquets isn't too amazing at to begin with) and you gain much greater offensive power. Spain need goals here, and they need to just relentlessly attack Chile. Alonso and Fabregas would have to have great games here, but I think Ramos/Pique/Puyol are enough to stop Chile's counter. Just try to keep Chile in their own half. All or nothing at this point.

If they get knocked out, it's because they left a few valuable veteran players at home that they could have used (Senna for one)

5. BamBamZam1+8

BamBamZam1+8 Member

Jul 28, 2003
    I hope Spain goes for the all out attack on us. They will get burned.

6. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    This is going to be such a great game. Chile has such a strong and balanced team. I think they will surprise a lot of people in this game. They didn't beat the other 2 teams by more because they aren't built to do so. Spain will be VERY frustrated come tomorrow.

Vamos CONMEBOL.

Fuerza Chile! Make us South Americans proud!

7. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Posible formación de Chile:

Bravo
    Medel, Jara, Ponce, Vidal;
    Isla, Estrada,
    Valdivia, Beausejour;
    Sánchez, González.

Me gustaría que Orellana y Paredes fueran titulares.
    Estrada no me convence, pese a que en el 2008 anuló al enano Messi.
    Lo bueno es que Valdivia y Beausejour jugarán en los puestos donde mejor rinden.

8. OrlandoEngelaar

Jul 19, 2008
    CA
    These are two teams with attacking philosophies but different ways of execution. Spain is about possession and passing, keeping the ball while players interchange positions, then plan out their attack looking for the perfect play. Chile plays a more up tempo game, does not allow the opponent to set up their defensive line, not afraid to take on defenders, will take a shot from any position and use their creativity to get them out of a tight situation. This is one of those games where you don't make a prediction, just watch and admire how it unfolds.

9. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    2-1 Chile with both goals from Sanchez. This will be his true breakout match to solidify himself as the rising star of Chile.

Also, 1-0 Swiss in the other match, and Spain goes home. How incredibly dramatic and shocking would that be to have Spain, France and Italy out in the group stages..wow.

10. eblek

eblek New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Club:
    Fenerbahce SK
    chile today

[​IMG]

11. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Pero Estrada puede colocar esas habilitaciones desde el fondo...a la Pirlo...que la velocidad de Sanchez y Mark pueden aprovechar a la perfección.

12. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Amen.

13. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It happens, the match might end up 5-4.

14. Ramon Allones

Ramon Allones Member

Feb 8, 2004
    Its funny. We think the same way of Chile.

15. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Spain would have the worst backlash considering the other 2 had clear problems coming into the tournament. Good luck Chilenos. Chi-Chi-Chi-le-le-le. :)

16. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Its funny. You also thought you would beat Switzerland.

17. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Looks like Del Bosque is not leaving anything to chance today as he is going with a 4-3-3 lineup with the big guns up front. I would imagine that Cesc will be his first sub used today. Here is the unofficial lineup for the match as DB still has not announced the starting XI.[LINEUP-4-3-3]Villa, Torres, Iniesta, X.Alonso, Busquets, Xavi, Capdevila, Pique, Puyol, Capdevila,Casillas [/LINEUP-4-3-3]

Aupa Espanha!

Er Pichi

18. Ramon Allones

Ramon Allones Member

Feb 8, 2004
    Well, it happens. I suppose now you think you guys should have beat France. You probably could have if you weren't so chicken sh*t in attack.

19. ajaxpsv

ajaxpsv New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    L.A.
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    A win by Chile would make the strong showing by South American teams in this WC even stronger! ;)

20. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not thrilled by that lineup...for Chile. The only hope is that Iniesta plays the same versus Chile as he did versus Switzerland.

21. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    why is capdevila playing both fullback positions?!!? :D

22. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    if they drop biscuits for cesc, wouldn't it make more sense to put xavi in a deeper position and move cesc into an AM role as he did in euro 2008?

[​IMG] :D

23. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a Jedi mind trick. :p

24. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Well, SOMEONE has to cover the right flank, since Ramos never does.:D

25. DaniGuarna

DaniGuarna New Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Montreal
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ramos was leaking like a mad man last game. If Sanchez gets that wing or Matias starts to send balls that way they are in trouble. Spain cant tie there going for a win and Chile is playing excellent counter attack so far.