Match 43: SWE : UKR - ORSATO (ITA)

Discussion in 'Euro 2020: Refereeing' started by code1390, Jun 27, 2021.

1. allan_park

allan_park Member

May 15, 2000
    We have to be careful here; there is no longer the need for it to be "excessive force" to meet the criteria for SFP. The fact that it endangers the safety is enough, regardless of force - current wording here (my emphasis added):

"Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

kolabear repped this.
  2. Pittsburgh Ref

Pittsburgh Ref Member+

Oct 7, 2014
    da 'Burgh
    I've never used comms but a case like this sure makes it attractive. You know what the factors are but can't fully evaluate for yourself. Stating the obvious, but still.

voiceoflg repped this.
  3. LampLighter

LampLighter Red Card

Bugeaters FC
    Apr 13, 2019
    ...this is still going?

4. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. It's amazing. People can actually make constructive points and have a constructive conversation even if someone else can't.

voiceoflg repped this.
  5. LampLighter

LampLighter Red Card

Bugeaters FC
    Apr 13, 2019
    It's easy to make quippy retorts when you're pretending while throwing up strawmen. There's no progress being made here, you're not going to learn anything and even if you did, where in what context would you apply it? To your internet arguments? You're not a referee at any level that matters so just slink away pretender.

6. Pittsburgh Ref

Pittsburgh Ref Member+

Oct 7, 2014
    da 'Burgh
    Whoa whoa whoa. Pixels are free, why close any of these discussions? If you are done just move on.

kolabear and MassachusettsRef repped this.
  7. MassachusettsRef

MassachusettsRef Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You could like, not read the thread. That's what I've been doing.

But now I have to come in here and point out your last line is totally uncalled for. Don't keep going down that path.

The Jitty Slitter and JasonMa repped this.