Match #39 - ITA : URU - RODRIGUEZ (MEX)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2014: Refereeing' started by Alberto, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MassachusettsRef

MassachusettsRef Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know. Official Match" is defined in the Disciplinary Code as:

Seems vague, doesn't it? Obviously a friendly doesn't have an effect on the rights of participation in other competitions, but isn't that just because "regulations in question stipulate otherwise?"

2. MassachusettsRef

Staff Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You basing that off your reading of the Disciplinary Code or is that explicitly explained somewhere?

3. Hexa

Hexa Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Rojas was banned for life but not sure if it was Fifa or Conmebol who imposed the life ban

4. code1390

code1390 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just what I've read. Not sure what other matches Uruguay will play that this would apply to.

5. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You're said it enough times already Mom. I've done more than complain, obviously. A lot of my arguments went ignored.

You could do what you want. I wouldn't try to restrict you, or report you.

He was horrible all game. Did you watch all game btw? I'll put up more examples in coming days. Would like to hear your assessment of them.

6. seadondo

seadondo Member

Apr 8, 2008
    Redondo Beach
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wouldn't official matches be the same as those that would lock in a player to a national team, so that would include world cup, wc qualifying, confederation tournament (e.g. copa america) matches. It would not include friendlies. The only questiin is the copa america centenario in 2016. As of right now it is not in the FIFA calendar, but CONCACAF and CONMEBOL I think want it to be, so the club teams have to release their players.

7. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  8. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Beckerman just got booked with a yellow for a studs up tackle. The ref clearly saw it, and only a yellow? Sure, different ref, but I can't wait for you apologists for Rodriguez's gross incompetence to explain the discrepancy with rule interpretation here please. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

9. drummer68

drummer68 Member

Sep 17, 2005
    So, the upside of all of this nonsense is that I've now learned that bigsoccer has an "ignore" function, and how to add people to it... :)

AndyMead and AremRed repped this.
  10. sjt8184

sjt8184 Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    I thought it should've been red, and said as much in that thread. And I'm rooting for USA. if you want to discuss that match, from a neutral positron, please join us.

Not agreeing with you is not the same as being incompetent. Those types of attacks on referees have no place here.

11. Emmet Kipengwe

Aug 15, 2004
    Maryland
    Did your screen name used to be PVancouver?

flyfishhi, JasonMa, AndyMead and 5 others repped this.
  12. MassachusettsRef

Staff Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, now we're done here. Sorry, this has been played out and it's one person arguing against a huge consensus at this point. If you don't agree, fine. But nothing is going to get solved here. Thread closed, again.

If anyone wants to specifically discuss Suarez's discipline, they can start a separate thread OR discuss it in the general World Cup forum (as it's not exclusively a referee issue at this point). Thanks.

drummer68 and Lucky Wilbury repped this.