Match 36 Greece vs. Argentina: Post-match discussion (R)

Discussion in 'GROUP B: Argentina, Nigeria, South Korea, Greece' started by damnecuadorian, Jun 22, 2010.

1. JoãozinhoFutebol

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'd like to see pastore ahead of maxi but it won't happen.

2. ssri

ssri New Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Yeah, I was impressed with Pastore, as he linked up well with Messi and was notably less static than Veron. Granted the Greeks were tiring at the point in the match, but you cannot help but be impressed by his brief cameo. I certainly enjoyed Maradona's substitions, as he went for the jugular near the end.

I for one will not be shedding any tears in seeing the antifootball, spoiling tactics of the Greeks shipped home.

3. JoãozinhoFutebol

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Coming from a Brazilian that respects this Argentina side I think for their sake that Demi needs to ride bench, and Burdisso start with Samuel, I was impressed with otamendi and clemente today, I'd love to see how they deal with gio , guardado and co..

4. Alexnova

Alexnova Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Am I wrong in saying Messi had a horrible game today? Because to me it looked like it. Did you see all those arrant passes? I mean I know he was pressured (like always), but after watching the whole game, I don't see how you say he played well overall. (Maybe if he was a nobody, then yeah...he played decent. But for Messi standards? Pffft....I don't know who you were watching).

5. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He was excellent on this one too.

6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    People always put Maradona standard on Messi
    but they also never realize that Maradona only made 1 goal in 86 group stage and didnt score any all the way through 90 final. and Messi now is the same age with Maradona in 82

7. Bruticus

Bruticus Member

May 18, 2009
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What a disgrace Greece were, even though they had to win this, they still came in with their 10 men behind the ball crap. Congrats to Argentina should be a excellent game when they meet Mexico...

8. navijacica

navijacica Member

Jun 15, 2010
    this year yes. he losts 2 many balls, he cannot win any duels ... on 1 good pass makes 5 bad ones ...
    All the game versus NK went through Robinho who was trying to make a play while Kaka was clueless.

9. Plxix

Plxix BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 13, 2006
    It's beyond stupid to compare national and club level - league to world cup. wtf.

Oh and for anyone who think Messi hasn't been outright friggin awesome: Keep your blinders on. Nothing to see here.

10. M.O.T

M.O.T Member

May 9, 2008
    Greece needed to win and they still played defensively. lol

11. hk420

hk420 New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Wrong.
    brazil's dying for a final against argentina.

12. navijacica

navijacica Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Oh forgot on this thread. What ego putting aside are you talking about? Was Messi ever egoistic???