Match 36 Greece vs. Argentina: Post-match discussion (R)

Discussion in 'GROUP B: Argentina, Nigeria, South Korea, Greece' started by damnecuadorian, Jun 22, 2010.

1. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We continue here.

2. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think Messi is playing better overall but kudos to martin palermo

3. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Martin "the Prodigy" Palermo.

[​IMG]

4. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Re: Match 36 Greece vs. Argentina: Pre-match/In-match discussion (R)

what do you mean no? Nigeria and Greece's keepers were very good against Argentina. The offesinve starting line-up of Messi, Tevez, Higuain has been good for the entire cup. Today wasn't Messi's best game yet he forced 2 big saves by the keeper and he hit the post.

Umm around 6 or 7 months. He scored a PK in a friendly against Spain.

5. navijacica

navijacica Member

Jun 15, 2010
    I will say this for the 3rd time (out of 3 games) - Messi is not Messi from Barcelona. He wants to play, he tries hard but bad passes, no real dribblings and still no goals. These games could cost him FIFa player of the year

6. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Palermo will lead Argentina to World Cup victory!

[​IMG]

7. [Dorian]

[Dorian] New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Argentina
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Respuesta: Re: Match 36 Greece vs. Argentina: Post-match discussion (R)

one more chapter of the epic story of martin "the titan" palermo

8. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Wasn't expecting anything else, and if we didn't have to make all 3 of our subs in the first 10 minutes of the second half, it could have been different. Still though, fair play to Argentina.

9. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Re: Respuesta: Re: Match 36 Greece vs. Argentina: Post-match discussion (R)

The "Zidane" of Argentina. What a beast.

[​IMG]

10. pinzon

pinzon New Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Solid performance by Argentina to break down a bunker defense.

Micho really has to give way to Burdisso. He falls down constantly. Clemente looked pretty good. Bolatti and Veron were alright but not that impressive.

11. navijacica

navijacica Member

Jun 15, 2010
    You guys ********ed yourself comming to this cup without ANY motivation at all. Dunno what caused this but I was like what Greece is this? first game and beginning of 2nd one. you more or less deserve this

12. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Messi is playing a completely different role for Argentina as he does for Barcelona. He's coming in very deep.

It was one match. He was excellent in the first two matches.

13. MrSoccerplayer

Apr 11, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    What matches have you been watching?

1st of all Messi seems to play more in the midfield here than barcelona and orchestrator of the attacks
    2nd he basically was the orchestrator of most argentinian goals on this tournament
    3rd this is the WC there is no way you can compare this to any league play
    4th he has had 2 posts so far , and was very unlucky to not score against the nigerian GK

Messi is not my favorite player but to say he is playing worse than at Barca because he has no goals shows everything about your soccer knowledge.

14. navijacica

navijacica Member

Jun 15, 2010
    i know he isn't. but he is still playmaking. and that he is doing bad. and in first 2 matches not much was different

15. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    GREAT ARGENTINA !!!!!

9 out of 9, perfect scoring
    CONGRATULATIONS, my brothers

Also very glad for Martín Palermo, and Diego who trusted as always in him, whom was an ethernal fighter and now has finally achieved a goal for his country in this World cup

:cool: :) :)

16. navijacica

navijacica Member

Jun 15, 2010
    what can I say to you? Learn to read ...

17. pinzon

pinzon New Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Get out of here. He's been the best player in the tournament so far. He's been involved in 5 out of 7 Argentina goals and won a zillion set pieces, including the one that led to the 6th goal.

FIFA POTY will depend on which team wins the tournament or at least gets to finals as it always is.

18. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Messi is in a completely different role than the one he plays with Barcelona. In addition to that, Barca has much better off the ball movement than Argentina does.

19. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Re: Respuesta: Re: Match 36 Greece vs. Argentina: Post-match discussion (R)

Oldest player to score in the World Cup, if ESPN isn't lying to me. Damn cool.

20. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    how?

C Ronaldo hasnt set the wc cup on fire and Rooney well......

Messi has been fine forcing saves, creating chances and will more than likely get better

21. navijacica

navijacica Member

Jun 15, 2010
    won't comment anymore though because I have a rule to not fight with fans who are by definition blind

22. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Exactlly, he's playmaking now, at Barca he's mainly a forward. In those matches where he was scoring hattricks last seasn he was playing as CF.

Messi was widely regarded as the best player of the tounrmanent after the first two matches. He's been involved in 4 of the 7 goals Argentina has scored so far. What are you talking about?

23. navijacica

navijacica Member

Jun 15, 2010
    yes this. there hasn't been any exceptional player from the bunch that was expected to shine on this tournament

24. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    The problem is that you are blinded by goals, you don't see everything else around the pitch. Messi has been the main facilitator for Argentina. If that means he doesn't score in this WC but they win it, then so be it, I bet he will take that.

25. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Change the tone. You're borderling trolling.