Match 35 Nigeria vs. Korea Republic: Post-match discussion (R)

Discussion in 'GROUP B: Argentina, Nigeria, South Korea, Greece' started by damnecuadorian, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Saw the sitter that Nigeria missed. How? I mean really how did he miss that?

2. vancity eagle

vancity eagle Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    I do not think Korea is better than Nigeria. Keep in mind Korea was not missing anybody today, we were missing Mikel, Uche, Taiwo was injured, and our coach was putting forward a terrible lineup leaving some of our best players on the bench. Korea was also gifted with freekick after freekick, and that is the only way they scored. I give Korea props, they are a good side, but I do not believe they are better than Nigeria. Keep in mind we could easily have won today.

3. nfiniti

nfiniti Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Rutherford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    South Korea have to be ready for Uruguay, cause dem boys play physical ............. if they play like in the first 2 games, then they have a chance..

4. Ganahal

Ganahal New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i cant disagree u, but ref was consistant in call tictac foul, he's well knowed for this. its ur coach job to inform his player, its ur players job adjust to ref. korea coach warn his players don't foul. i'm sure u see we didnt aggressiv D on ball like nigera did.

beside, our D gave u 3 frigin ez sitter, how can u bich out ref? its ur own strikers fault they cant shoot strait

5. pinzon

pinzon New Member

Sep 5, 2009
    I think it's going to be a bad game. Uruguay will bunker and probably snatch a 1-0 win.

6. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I thought Nigeria would be able to defeat S.Korea, but congratulations to the Korean team. They have a decent chance to even move beyond the round of 16, since in my judgment they match up well against Uruguay. Although Uruguay would be favored, S.Korea has an almost equal chance to beat them.

7. songjim

songjim Member

Dec 9, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I agree with you. They probably weren't better than Nigeria today... But they weren't necessarily worse. The two goals we gave up were complete stupidities by our defenders much like the two sitters that you guys missed were stupidities by your forwards. In the end, Korea got lucky, but in terms of how good the teams are, I'd say about even.

Sadly, the red card in the previous game pretty much finished you guys. A draw in that game and Nigeria is moving on to the round of 16.

8. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I have a feeling that they are going to do this too. We are very weak against fast pacey counterattacks and Uraguay excel at this. Our weakness was truly visible against Argentina but much more so today. Nigeria did a great job 2nd half spreading our players out and going in for a counterattack.

9. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    The R16 threads are up in the Knockout Rounds forum.

10. alphapanda

alphapanda Member

Jun 12, 2010
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    what a disappointing performance by korea. i see it as 3:2 loss, nigeria was unfortunate with the miss of the world cup.

i hope they step it up against uruguay because i see another 4:1 defeat if they don't improve their passing and defense.

11. garogaro

garogaro New Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Did you see the second game? because you do not want them to play like that again.

12. Ganahal

Ganahal New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i was waited for nigrea get tire like they usually do last 15 mins but i gotta tip my hat they outran us today

13. nfiniti

nfiniti Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Rutherford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    yeah.. you're right.. I kinda wrote faster than i was thinking :D

14. HsH1980

HsH1980 New Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    wow we really went through it...but this defense and goalkeeper (who can't talk or shout or speak with his defense) are making me...... speechless..like the goalkeeper lol

but I'm more than happy that we reached the next round luckily

15. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    Wow, I must have aged ten years during the last ten minutes of the game. Must be heartbreaking for the Nigerians to see their team go out like this. Condolences. :(

16. zdrav

zdrav Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Injuries are part of the game. The World Cup is not about who has the best roster on paper but which team can bring it on match day/night.

If Nigerian players would drop some of that excess bulk, maybe they'd be agile enough to stop Korean attacks without having to resort to fouling. You can't complain about the ref giving free kicks when your team plays football Aussie-style.

Yeah, Nigeria could've won. But they didn't. Korea didn't play that particularly well and still put up 2 goals on the Nigerians. Only an inexplicably stupid Kim Nam Il foul made it a game in the last 15 minutes.

17. mrtrashy

mrtrashy New Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    .... the fact that their finishing was really bad means we got lucky?
    Where's the logic in that. If their finishing was bad, then it was THEIR fault.
    Not luck's.
    Korea Republic had so many chances, and far more shots than Nigeria's.
    Not to mention Nigeria got a score with a PK.
    It could've been 5-0 for Korea if they "didn't screw up"
    But screwing up IS part of the game and not being able to FINISH is what makes the finishing part actually matter.
    So don't say ignorant stuff like that..

18. mrtrashy

mrtrashy New Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    God, that is such an ignorant post.
    I saw Ki get injured and LCY injured, our two best prospects...
    Not to mention your coach was putting up a terrible lineup because of the shortage of options.
    And we were "gifted" ?
    All I saw was Koreans out pacing and penetrating Nigerian defense (exception of the beginning first quarter) and Nigerian defenders pulling ridiculous challenges.
    We weren't gifted. Mind you that if those "gifted FK's" never occured, it would've been another chance for us to score.

Keep in mind that you could've easily have won today?
    So could have Korea. The fact is you didn't. Even with a PK, you tied.
    Not to mention Korea had MORE shots...
    And saying that "a team could have easily won" is stupid because anytime could've easily won a game in a tie... dur..?

If you say "the only way koreans scored is from FK" , then don't give out FK's.. But you can't, or it would've been a goal.
    With that logic, I can say that only reason Nigerians scored is from defensive mistakes. Duri let the striker get inside of him, and poor defending + Nam Il's terrible tackle...

Not saying either side was better or worse, the fact is they tied.

19. Jness23

Jness23 New Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Stayed up all night to watch this match in SK and now it's morning.
    I don't even remember what I've seen.. I was just so tensed.. :eek::eek::eek:

20. OrlandoEngelaar

Jul 19, 2008
    CA
    Kim Nam Il is a class act, giftwrapping Nigeria with a PK to make up for their poor finishing.

21. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    You guys know that the Yakubu miss was offsides anyway, right?

As Rasheed Wallace always says.. "ball don't lie". :D

22. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    I thought he was even with the ball when it was played to him. ESPN did that shaded line thingy and it didn't look like he was offside. Also the linesman didn't raise his flag so I think he was definitely onside. Thank God he made the miss of the tournament. :eek:

23. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    It was but wasn't called and the goal would've stood if it went in.

24. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
    I'm overjoyed that Korea made it to the next round but I think Nigeria deserves respect for not giving up and making us work for it.

25. olimpialv

olimpialv Member

Jun 13, 2010
    las vegas, nv
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yes. that's a big posibility. 0-1 or 0-2 is factible considering the Suarez-Forlan dupla. If Uruguay scores first, will be really difficult to play them.
    We have to score first!