Match 33|Mexico vs. Uruguay|22-06-10|Pre-match discussion

Discussion in 'GROUP A: South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay France' started by Horsehead, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Just tie baby! I wouldn't mind an Uruguayan win either.

Also, if a player receives their 2nd yellow in this game(ex. Lugano), would they be able to play in the round of 16?

2. Gonchi

Gonchi Member

Apr 23, 2009
    I see Uruguay sitting back and playing with Mexico's nerves of being only 1 goal away from winning the group and avoiding Argentina in R16.

3. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Hell No! Seeing the sh_t we had to go through with the ref were gonna make sure you guys face your own brothers in the next round! No mercy for you guys were going balls out!:mad:

4. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations to Mexico and Uruguay. I think we will see a fairly defensive effort. Both teams can absorb one goals losses. While neither team wants to face Argentina, there's no question a quality team like Mexico or Uruguay can win a round of 16 match versus the Argies.

5. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002

what do you mean?

televisa had problems raising the money that it took to bribe the bastard?

an offside goal and a penalty was not enough?

geeez ..... and we have to endure another week of this baloney?

6. MachoRhombus

MachoRhombus Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It wasn't offside, extremely difficult even with slow motion but it wasn't an offside, besides the referee kept calling every single touch for the french players.

Barrera dived, can't deny it, poetic justice?

7. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    It was clearly offsides. Even the univision guy admitted it.

8. MachoRhombus

MachoRhombus Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It wasn't, watch the replay, it seriously wasn't.

I win nothing by telling a lie.

9. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Your right. The french player's backheel was at the same line. My bad, initially it looked offsides, and even the announcers admitted it, but you're right, he was clearly onsides. Its going to be a good game on Tuesday. Hopefully both teams play for the win

10. MachoRhombus

MachoRhombus Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm terrified at the fact that both Juarez and Torrado will miss out this game thanks to yellow cards, let's hope Castro can step up with whoever else plays with him, that will most likely be Guardado.

It will be a fantastic game either way, can't wait.

11. nanni

nanni Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    My dream came true we can advance by just trowing a tie.. we can rest our tired players and just kick the ball around for the fun of it with no intention of scoring.. nd if some one accidentally does.. well then the other team should be given a goal to tie it up.. nice..:D we are such bad asses.. we made it.. Mexico Uruguay made it..

12. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    How important are they to your team? I think that we might rest Lugano as well since if he gets a yellow card, he would miss the round of 16 game. But if we're in trouble, he can come in

13. MachoRhombus

MachoRhombus Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    They are our 2 starter CM, but meh, Israel Castro and Guardado (most likely) should be able to work things out :)

14. Killboard

Killboard Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Bolivar, Montevideo
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Mexico:
    Juarez and Vela will go out. Torrado, Maza, Franco & Moreno has one yellow.
    Uruguay:
    Fucile is questionable, Lugano & Victorino has one yellow

If we tie or win we have the best shoot to reach quarters since 1970.
    If we lost and still qualifing playing against Argentina we have a instant final (at least for us) & if win that game should be ennough to remember this WC forever.

15. IMperfect

IMperfect Member

May 6, 2009
    chicaligonia
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    pro tip: those announcers are shit.

16. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

We got Bofo Bautista that we might be able to spare this game he plays good against Argentine and Uruguay style of play and is a pretty good distant shooter from a good range. We also have Magallon that can play for Moreno but I would much rather have Moreno with Maza in the back. Dam if only Maza didn't pick up a yellow against France!

17. Killboard

Killboard Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Bolivar, Montevideo
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Its a difficult choice since yellow cards dont clean until quarters.
    In some perspective, is better lose Lugano and play vs Korea with Scotti in the start, than put Scotti and play against argentina with Lugano.
    I saw Lugano being much better than his sub whoever that be (Scotti, Victorino, Caceres). I should risk him.
    Loco Abreu should play over Cabani.

18. Terry Gyimah

Terry Gyimah New Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Mexico, seeing as how I want them to win, against Uruguay I just cannot see it happening, the Uruguayans right now on paper look to be the better team and have the advantage and momentum after riding off their win against the hosts South Africa 3-0, Uruguay will win this match 1-0

19. IMperfect

IMperfect Member

May 6, 2009
    chicaligonia
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    The Uruguayans do not stand a chance against Mexico; they never have.

20. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

fireEagleCuauhtemoc www.twitter.com/alonsobueno1

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    dont be so egocentric, this the world cup anything can happend specially when both teams will be resting players with yellow cards, no doubt!

21. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well Mexico did whip them in the 2007 Copa América 3rd place match so maybe they're out for revenge, or Mexico can own them again like last time. It can go both ways.

Plus there's been so many upsets in this cup, you never know anymore.

22. WorldCupRene

WorldCupRene New Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Hate to burst your bubble, but the lineup for the match was already announced by Uruguay and they will play with the same starter IX that played against SA.

So much for that theory.

23. Blue_Demon

Blue_Demon Member+

Aug 20, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How legally binding is this lineup? Could it be a strategy by Tabárez to make such an early announcement? Just wondering if changes are allowed even after you announce a lineup.

24. Killboard

Killboard Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Bolivar, Montevideo
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    I love fat pigs for eat.
    If i look the players and teams were they play i think we have better players than Mexico. If i look teamwork, both teams are really even in the two games. If i look soccer history, well, its something that one of us dont have. So i dont know what you are pointing like the reason to have all the chances in that game.

And forget the Copa America 2007, Lugano was sent off for nothing at 25 minute,we was 1-0 up when that happened, only 4 players of that day play now like starters and was a crappy 3rd place match.

And the announcement that Coaches does are not legal. Those are only legal one hour before the game, when they give the list to the referees. Anyway Tabarez is not that type of coach, if he say something, that is true 100%.

25. IMperfect

IMperfect Member

May 6, 2009
    chicaligonia
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    You do not have better players than Mexico and your team work is lackluster when compared to Mexico. History is also not on your side when taking into account your matches against Mexico. I just don't see Uruguay pulling a win against us, sorry.