Match 32: Spain-Honduras:: Post Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'GROUP H: Spain, Switzerland, Honduras, Chile' started by Pichi, Jun 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah but you know what I mean - it's 2 separate time slots. No more 1.30 pm kickoff times. I was getting used to watching 6 hours of footy a day... now it's only 4 .... what am I supposed to do between 2.30-5 pm (Qatari time)?

:p

2. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    Spain cannot be so freaking ineffective towards goal. Brazil would have put 6 past this Honduras team.

Spanish attackers tried passing and passing INSIDE THE BOX. F&*%$ that sh^&^ SHOOOOT!!! :mad: Right now only Villa can score goals, and Villa can't be SuperScorer every time.

They were too tentative close to goal; you have to be more instinctive.

Yay they won... against a team that played extremely weak; Honduras didn't even try.

They can beat Chile (maybe 1-0 or 2-1 that's it) and who knows if they finish 1st in group after all... after that, though... if they can't finish better they'll be out sooner than later.

3. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Seems impossible.

Matter of fact, Chile's position itself is difficult.

4. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    If Torres is not 100%, Llorente has to be in. Period.

Mata played well.

5. fairplay1

fairplay1 Member

May 3, 2005
    The key to Spain success is Torres, he needs to get match fit or Spain will have a lot of difficulty to go far.

6. Morphius666 redded

Jun 21, 2010
    little do you guys know how horrible and FAR from the real Honduras lineup is.....not to say the "real" honduras would of beaten Spain but at least not looked like clowns.

7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Besides Costly, Cesar de Leon and Marvin Chavez, who else is missing in this 23?

8. GersRafa

GersRafa New Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Excellante! Now that is a little more like the Spain I have come accustom to seeing. I must say, I was surprised at how Navas stayed in the entire match, and how scary must it be for a team like honduras to see Fabregas coming off the bench all grizzly adams.

Did you know Graham Hunter Of Sky Revista is on www.worldfootballdaily.com right now for free breaking down the spanish side like a poet! I cant believe those guys are busting out hour and a half live shows every day of the work cup. No one else is doing it. Not the Guardian, the Game or the BBC podcasts?

Rafa
    Huntington Beach

9. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Otro más? :rolleyes:

Chile is the only team in this group that controls its own destiny.

10. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    What do you mean?

If Spain win, they are in the next round, if Chile win (or draw) they are in the next round. I'd say that both teams control their own destiny.

11. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Actually, if Switzerland wins by two goals over Honduras, they are also assured of making the next round. Which might actually be the easiest task of any of the three contending teams.

12. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Hmmm, by Chile has 6 points while Spain has 3.

13. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    I understand that but saying that Chile is the only one who controls their own destiny is false. Even Switzerland controls their own destiny in a way, if they win by 2 or more goals they will advance as well irregardless of the Spain-Chile result.

14. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Switzerland has probably the best defence in those whole World cup and for the type of strategy they use all the time, only defending they achieve their best results. To win by 2 goals of diference, they shall have to leave spaces in their defence zone. Whenever they do that, good-bye bunker, in other words, an open invitation for Honduras to score in a not tight any more defence, and good-bye the 2 goal diference. Maybe Honduras will cheer up and them try to establish the diference in a three team tie with 3 points each for the second place of this group.

Remember that Switzerland in the past two games has only achieved to score once. It would look nice though, if they ever accomplish two goals in a single match, but I don`t think so that this will happen, at least not, without at least one goal from Honduras.

¡¡¡¡¡ Adelante Catrachos !!!!! , todavía se puede.....
    :)

15. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Well Honduras look absolutely clueless up front. In yesterday's game they would constantly try to go 1v3 or 4 defenders. There is no way they can threaten the Swiss goal unless the Swiss suddenly abandon their current tactics. Now the question is can the Swiss score goals? The one they scored was comical so maybe that's the only way they can. However, Honduras defense is pretty weak so who knows.

16. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Ok, I should have said that Chile has the most control over its own destiny.

Hopefully that one is OK with you??

17. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not true. Switzerland have to win and score 2 more than Chile, if Chile loses.