Match #31 :: The Final :: Sunday 29 June [R]

Discussion in 'Knock-out Phase' started by unclesox, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and the first 15 minutes and some other patches in the first half.

It was in the second half where spain really were in control (apart from that little period after the substitution)

2. Kebbie Gazauzkas

FC Krasnodar
    Bulgaria
    Mar 29, 2007
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Reminded me of the Figo headbutt against van Bommel (World Cup 2006, punished with a yellow card). Rosetti didn't see the situation and didn't appear to have consulted his assistant. I concur that it could have been a red card.
    Congrats to all Spanish fans and keep your heads high, German supporters, your team had a pretty good tournament!

3. Abebe

Abebe Member

Aug 26, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spain has players with loads of class and I am looking for their influence togrow once they have this monkey off their back. They play a different brand of technical game to Brazil, but very good to watch.

Kind of a mix of Brazil and Italian. Huge advert for Spanish soccer; I will be looking gor more of it.

I used to avoid watching Spain if I could..lol.

4. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, I thought the rule was that you get sent off even if the headbutt is soft. Just like raising your hand to a player's face and that's what I was asking footyfan before.

5. Pakalolo

Pakalolo Member

Apr 27, 2006
    at home
    I think he means for the whole tournament. and while i agree that Senna was very impressing, it would be unfair to the other Spanish midfielders to rate him above them. they all played an amazing tourney, only Iniesta had some weaker moments/games imo. by the way, today Xavi would be my man of the match.

6. frankwhite

frankwhite New Member

Mar 24, 2007
    Germany
    He will be even smarter after Turkey will shot down his country, Armenier, this September.

7. Abebe

Abebe Member

Aug 26, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes I did. Agreed that Xavi was at a very high level as well. I did not watch enough of Spain's games.

When do they pick the MOTM and MOTT? I don't know if UEFA do, probably too subjective.

8. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I misread that. Thanks for correcting me.

My MOTT would have been David Villa.

9. Pakalolo

Pakalolo Member

Apr 27, 2006
    at home
    MOTM was always announced directly after the matches, but I don't know whether they did this after the final, too. there was too much chaos after the final whistle. ;)
    MOTT, I don't know how it is handled at the EC... :confused:

10. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Hey guys - I'm about to hand out a bunch of cards. In the meantime, can someone start a part 2 thread - someone who wants to discuss the game and not hurl insults?

Thanks.