Match 30 - GER : ITA - LANNOY (FRA)

Discussion in 'Euro 2012: Refereeing' started by code1390, Jun 25, 2012.

1. soccerking1990

Aug 11, 2010
    Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I gave a penalty kick in stoppage time Tuesday night at the DA Showcase. I was adding a minimum of one minute of stoppage and the penalty took place a few seconds into stoppage time. The kick was taken (and saved) at the one minute mark. I added another minute to compensate.

2. MrRC

MrRC Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Why? How did that adhere to the LOTG?

3. soccerking1990

Aug 11, 2010
    Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why shouldn't the teams get the minute of active play? There is a break in play between the foul and the actual taking of the penalty kick.

4. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. I thought he could have added another 15-20 seconds, given the penalty and the fact that they take significantly more time to take than say a free kick and of course a goal was scored. He blew the whistle at 94:19 +/-

5. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Overall Lannoy did well. It was a well officiated match. No major errors and a great call on the second Balotelli goal to keep the flag down.

6. Another NH Ref

Another NH Ref BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 29, 2008
    Southern NH
    It was exactly 40 seconds from the whistle for the handling until the ball was in the back of the net. That's not any different from most ceremonial free kicks. It was 27 seconds from when the ball went in the net until the whistle for the kickoff. I'm sorry, I just don't see the complaint for adding more time. It's not really any different than any other DFK called deep in the attacking third in terms of time used.

7. IllinoisRef

IllinoisRef Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    How did Webb end up As a 4th official in this match???
    I thought the same crew stayed the same throughout the tournament.

8. MassachusettsRef

MassachusettsRef Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same crew of five officials, yes. The fourths and reserve assistants are assigned separately. Check the assignments.