Match 29: Brazil x Cote d'Ivoire, in game/PBP thread.

Discussion in 'GROUP G: Brazil, North Korea, Ivory Coast, Portuga' started by Ombak, Jun 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have a lot of players from other countries or are 1st generation on the US soccer team since are beginning. I never heard America plays a bunch of immigrants. Just the US sucks or they just aren't that good. Whatever man.

2. navijacica

navijacica Member

Jun 15, 2010
    In all honesty IC went all out trying to injure as many as they could (joking but still ... terrible play by IC)

3. Fedor

Fedor New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Dinamo Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
  4. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Brazil played like they were ITALY today. ...And Italy played like they were American Samoa today.

5. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Just for the hard of hearing: the Black players in France were BORN there. Most of them are not even children of immigrants, but their great-grandparents were immigrants. And places like Reunion, Mauritius and French Guiana are part of France itself. Really, guys. Sigh.

Losing Kaka is going to force a total re-planning of the Brazilian team. Losing Elano is a blow. Ramires and Josue likely to see much more playing time.

6. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Replay shows that Kaká did, in fact, extend a bent right arm in Keita's direction (not simply straight forward between them), and then lifted it with a chicken-wing motion. He never swung his elbow in an arc at Kaita, but he did lift it up so that Keita could run himself into it. Which Keita promptly did.

4th official probably saw enough chicken-wing action to blame it on Kaká.

7. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Exactly, Brazils constant diving and rolling on the floor obviously gave the other team ideas.

8. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Basically, Keita was being a punk.

9. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really, it's up to the players themselves. I can only speak from an American perspective, but, I would think, if these guys were demonized as "cheaters" for their hystrionics, they might stop. I really don't know, how does the Italian media & support react when they see Cannovaro clutching his face in agony time and time again when he's perfectly fine? He's an idol, he must be doing something right?

10. Andy Zilis

Andy Zilis Member+

Mar 9, 2005
    Rochelle, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that's the first thought that came to my mind. That red card helps Portugal a lot more than Ivory Coast. Ivory Coast should have had at least 1 red card this game, so in the end, the handball goal evens out somewhat.

11. kaos1970

kaos1970 Member

May 2, 2008
    Halifax
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So Brazil played like punks too?

12. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems like the US and New Zealand are the only nations who doesn't dive. (Outside of Dempsey, Adu, and Jozy who do).

13. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I'm not a big supporter of Brazil, in fact, I was pulling for the Ivory Coast at the beginning, but I switched allegiances during the game. The Ivorians where hacking away on the Brazilians, easily deserving 2 red cards.
    And then this despicable acting of Keita in the end sealed it for me. I hope that Ivory Coast will go home after the first round...

14. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    Why the heck was Keita running at Kaka anyway?

15. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Most refs are going home after the group phase.

They are throwing a bone to the USA by pretending they are sending Coulibaly home for their sake, when it was already planned that all the refs with no previous WC experience would be leaving at the end of the group play.

16. kaos1970

kaos1970 Member

May 2, 2008
    Halifax
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What about Fabiano's despicable goal?

17. zdrav

zdrav Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Stupid Ivory Coast. I wanted them to do well, but they showed absolutely no class towards the end of the game.

The funniest thing is that they screwed themselves over by getting Kaka ejected because now, Portugal gets to play Brazil without one of their best players. Also, Elano might be out as well.

Brazil may already be in the next round, but with a potential matchup against Spain in the Round of 16, Brazil definitely would've gone all out against Portugal (that is, if Spain doesn't screw up any more, which may result in Brazil actually tanking the game against Portugal in order to play Chile/Switzerland instead).

Way to go Ivory Coast.

18. navijacica

navijacica Member

Jun 15, 2010
    lol even if brazil would dive every foul IC killed the game and a player or few more

OFC Bra got an illegal goal, IC going crazy slashing players and simulating and BRA met them half way

19. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Paraguay has not dived so far, either.

20. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ridiculous second yellow on Kaka. The ref was completely wrong on making that decision.

21. Surinamese-man

Aug 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Your absolutely wright.

Couldn't say it better.

22. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunetely, it seems every team does in some form. They'd be naive not to.

23. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if the troll knew his comments would get him this type of response.

24. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

No, they love diving in latin countries. That's just the way they were brought up.

25. pinzon

pinzon New Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Christ, it's not going to change anything. Brazil is through and don't need any kind of result against Portugal. All this does is clear Kaka's one yellow and start him off in the KO round with a clean slate. It's GOOD for Brazil. These players and commentators just don't realize it cause they don't know the card rules in the tournament.

Brazil easily beat IC. They did nothing except for when Brazil got complacent due to being up 3-0.