Match 26: Cameroon v. Denmark :: Pre-match discussion

Discussion in 'GROUP E: Netherlands, Denmark, Japan, Cameroon' started by fireman451, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Saturday, June 19, 2010
    Pretoria

Cameroon [​IMG] v [​IMG] Denmark

Threads are usually closed at 500 posts - so expect new threads closer to the event. Moderators will try to close the thread at a logical transition point and will always provide a link to the most current thread.

2. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Re: Match 26: Cameroon v. Denmark (Prematch)

Please make all your comments regarding this match here.

If we hit the magic mark before the match, we'll open a new game thread.

Have fun!

3. DmouthGunner

DmouthGunner Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Match 26: Cameroon v. Denmark (Prematch)

This should be the biggest match of the group. The winner of this match will be in pole position to advance as group runner-up behind the Dutch. I think Eto and the crowd will make be the difference in the match. Watch for Alex Song, he'll be running the midfield. I think Cameroon runs out 2-1 winners in a great match.

4. Awareness

Awareness New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Leiden
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Alex Song is grossly overrated, I'd almost see Makoun making a bigger impact. Song played a few decent matches against minnows but is rather inconsistent. After the Cup games he was almost touted as one of the best DM's in the league. Obviously an exaggeration. Denilson still has something to prove on his position and so does Song.

5. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    Alex Song and Makoun complement each other. Song rules at the back, so Makoun plays a more creative role.

And Song has been phenomenal most of last season and this season, although he has had a few weaker games.

In my opinion Song almost single handedly managed to take Cameroon into the African Cup of Nations final and his loss in the final was the difference between Cameroon losing or winning the game.

6. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    Alex Song and Makoun complement each other. Song rules at the back, so Makoun plays a more creative role.

And Song has been phenomenal most of last season and this season, although he has had a few weaker games.

In my opinion Song almost single handedly managed to take Cameroon into the African Cup of Nations final and his loss in the final was the difference between Cameroon losing or winning the game.

7. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awareness, if you want to discuss Dutch players then you need to find a thread wherein Dutch players are the topic of discusion. This thread, dedicated to Cameroon vs Denmark, is not such a thread.

Edit: Threadjack binned. Please try to stay on topic folks.

8. Awareness

Awareness New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Leiden
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Thanks for the tip, sport.

Murati, I'd welcome you to reply in the proper allocated thread if you find the need for it.

9. Yo Adrian

Yo Adrian Member

Sep 8, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This will be the deciding match for Denmark in my opinion, and I'm confident they'll come away from it with 3 points.. cheers to a healthy Sorensen!

10. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    Definitely the group decider this game...
    It does seem that Cameroon will be after a win from Japan, whilst Denmark after a loss with Holland... wonder how that will influence the game.

11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I don't think so ;) .

12. Terry Gyimah

Terry Gyimah New Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Honestly in my opinion, I see this match ending in a 1-1 draw, with Cameroon having to win against Netherlands, and Denmark having to beat Japan in their last group game

13. encorelui2

encorelui2 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Hm. This one will be tricky to call. Cameroon can get the result as much as Denmark can...but the game has turned out to be what most predicted b4 the competition even started. THis game will be the deciding factor in the group!

SIDE NOTE: By the way Cameroon is split by internal conflicts! That idiot of Milla, is calling up his choice players & putting them up against others, as such that ********ing moron-Alex Song has picked up a personal war with Eto'o & LeGuen coz his uncle (Rigo Song) is no longer captain nor a "starter"! Ask my opinion, the coach should send them both home with immediate effect! They are not indespensable. Matip proved very well on Monday that he can play the holding role as efficiently as Alex Song!

In other words if Denmark can not take advantage of this, then I can say they shouldnt be in the competition lol

Can anyone tell me "where Maruti is at"? Since the comp. started & all his beloved over rated African teams have crumpled, he has gone missing in action!

14. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--

Hey now, let's be kind to the poor guy. It's still early to start rubbing salt into his wounds.

15. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--