Match 25 - CZE : POR - WEBB (ENG)

Discussion in 'Euro 2012: Refereeing' started by code1390, Jun 20, 2012.

1. MassachusettsRef

MassachusettsRef Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was in stadium for this match. Haven't been his biggest fan past couple years, but seeing Webb in person was eye-opening. He was absolutely dominant and in total command. Plan to write more when I get back, but was very, very impressed. We all can criticize on occasion, but we should also all aspire to be so good.

Hope Cakir gets saved for final, but Webb would deserve it, too. Would not discount Lannoy if France lose tonight. Think it might be Cakir and Thomson for semis (shocking, given pre-tourney expectations) with Lannoy, Webb and Rizzoli possible for Final. If Eriksson gets a match, I'd be surprised.

Also, Kassai and his team are being vilified in Ukraine. No mention at all of the offside in Kyiv.

Still have not heard or read why Kirkup was dropped.

2. Englishref

Englishref Member

Jul 25, 2004
    London, England
    He aggrevated the injury he had in the season run-in. Shame. If there was any doubt about his injury re-occuring, they should have let Steve Child go instead.

3. DudsBro

DudsBro Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There probably wasn't. I'm sure Kirkup was fully recovered at the beginning of the tournament. However that type of injury, although fully healed, remains vulnerable for some time afterwards. He could pass every physical and still damage something in a game.